Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

I miss Las Vegas and I miss Celine!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Filine

Filine

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 867
  • 1,133 posts
  • Local time: 01:34 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1980
Oh I miss the Vegas days too...

Posted Image
"They call my home the land of snow, Canadian cold front movin' in"

roubaix

roubaix

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 16,431
  • 247 posts
  • Local time: 07:34 AM
  • Born: 1968
I'm ready to go back!

Missing it every day, LOL!

I loved just going to the shop to look at the merchandise!

I'm still suffering!  :blink:
Posted Image

WendyB

WendyB

Time is running out .....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,028
  • 1,764 posts
  • Local time: 12:34 PM

View Postroubaix, on Mar 9 2009, 02:41 AM, said:

I'm ready to go back!

Missing it every day, LOL!

I loved just going to the shop to look at the merchandise!

I'm still suffering!  :blink:
When I was in Vegas I'd go in the shop every day for a Céline fix  :giggle:

Drove my husband mad!

CelineDionFan710

CelineDionFan710

I <3 Celine Dion!!!!!!

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 22,581
  • 2,864 posts
  • Born: 1988
She'll be back dont worry. im missing it too
Posted Image

Celine is my idol

Shamrock_1982

Shamrock_1982

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,793
  • 7,540 posts
  • Born: 1982
Some of you might find this funny or very weird, but when I last seen A new day... in March 2007
I was sitting in the front row centre section of the colossuem and Celine was performing ''MHWGO'' and I turned for a brief section to my right to get my drink from the cup holder, and I caught/seen Celine's shadow really magnified on the right wall of the theatre next to the painting thats there, and I was mesmerized by it......

Although she was right infront of me in the flesh and in full colour, lol, I was fixed on watching her shadow perform the song on the wall for just a few seconds and just thought wow... its hard to describe and may sound crazy, but it was something I thought was amazing and that I'll never forget... :)

Roll on 2010, I cant wait!!!

Darren.

Shamrock_1982

Shamrock_1982

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,540 posts
I think I'm gonna put on the A new day... dvd now, lol
God I miss Vegas! :P

Darren.

Edited by Ire23, 20 March 2009 - 01:28 PM.

MJaque

MJaque

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 21,958
  • 163 posts
  • Local time: 08:34 AM
Does whispers about Celine's return to Vegas in 2010 have basis? Or maybe 2011? Can you give me some exact answer guys...plz...!

celinemad

celinemad

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 6,537
  • 90 posts
  • Born: 1905
Me too. I miss Celine and the colloseum. I went every year A New Day Was Open.
The first show was very special. She had her really short blonde hair. One of my favourite and moments & Songs was "The First Time Ever I Saw Your  face" she was ellavated into air it was amazing!  We were getting married the day after. I wanted to shout out to tell her but  I was too nervous (I wish I had)!.

I really hope Celine performs again in Caesars, its the only place where you can really enjoy and appreciate just how wonderful her voice truly is!
I read an artical in which Rene had reported, Celine was gonna be perfroming 70 shows in 2010.

X Rachel

Edited by celinemad, 21 March 2009 - 06:30 AM.

celinemad

celinemad

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 6,537
  • 90 posts

View Postceline4evauk, on Sep 12 2008, 01:41 PM, said:

I couldn't imagine being in Vegas and not seeing her posters everywhere - and on tops of cabs etc. :down: Really want Vegas to happen again. Its the only time i get to actually travel - and leave England for a while!!

I saw her final show on 15th Dec 2007. It was really sad the day after as they had took down the huge poster that stood in the middle of the main door to the colloseum and replaced it with a fella! The Celine Store was empty the shelves were bare.  It was sooooo weird. All the posters bill boards were replace with Bette Midler!. It was the end of an era....

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 18,981
  • 6,453 posts
  • Born: 1978

View Postcelinemad, on Mar 21 2009, 03:40 PM, said:

View Postceline4evauk, on Sep 12 2008, 01:41 PM, said:

I couldn't imagine being in Vegas and not seeing her posters everywhere - and on tops of cabs etc. :down: Really want Vegas to happen again. Its the only time i get to actually travel - and leave England for a while!!

I saw her final show on 15th Dec 2007. It was really sad the day after as they had took down the huge poster that stood in the middle of the main door to the colloseum and replaced it with a fella! The Celine Store was empty the shelves were bare.  It was sooooo weird. All the posters bill boards were replace with Bette Midler!. It was the end of an era....

SOOOOOO depressing!!! :down:

Cher and Bette are great - but SOOOOO NOT THE SAME AS HAVING CELINE THERE!!!

jfong252

jfong252

• Members
  • Pip
    • Member ID: 23,398
  • 41 posts
  • Local time: 05:34 AM
i feel kind of stupid for not realizing how awesome celine is sooner, because vegas is like an 8 hour drive from where i live (which is not THAT bad...) and i think in the 5 years celine had been in vegas, i had been there at least once. really makes me sad. i know went to vegas for the 2008 new years which is when celine had JUST ended her vegas show...but that was too late. bummer! i remember i wanted to see one spectacular show when i was there and my mother decided to splurge since we had never gone to see one...we ended up seeing a pretty amazing magic show :P

anyway, if she ever comes back to vegas, i will forsure goto the first possible show i can go to! i have already made plans to go after i graduate from college in 2010 with one of my best friends if celine decides to return :) (YES PLEASE!!)
Posted Image

florisd

florisd

Céline ..mon amour toi et moi..

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 20,167
  • 7,044 posts
  • Local time: 02:34 PM
  • Born: 1987
Italian fans will be there too!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:  
After Montréal we can do anything!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Attached File  italy_flag_small.jpg   6.18K   0 downloads

Céline n'oublie pas que ... l'Italie serà toujours là pour toi!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:  

Edited by florisd, 22 March 2009 - 08:07 AM.

Frankfurt am main 14 juin 2008
Montréal 12-14-15 fevriér 2009 - l'Italie est ici pour toi!
Las Vegas 15-16-19 march 2011

Posted Image
Visita CelineDionItalia.com

swissfan

swissfan

Celine Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,438
  • 1,507 posts
  • Born: 1983
At first, sorry for my english !! I can't wrote and talk in english !!

But I will say that it's a real pleasure to see all your commentar !!

I miss A new day... too ! It was a amazing experience for me !!

2010... Las Vegas Returns !!!  :clap:

Julien

Bien plus qu'une passion... des rencontres, des amitiés,... de l'émotion !

Celinedionp

Celinedionp

Celine Wannabe

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 21,763
  • 4,670 posts
  • Born: 1995
I miss her... and Vegas' days too.

Bralo20

Bralo20

Back...

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 18,738
  • 2,537 posts
  • Born: 1979
Been to Vegas from 4 till 9 June and allready missing Vegas...  Thinking about taking another holiday there since prices are still rather good.

Anyway, I found myself a decent place to stay when being in town.  Stayed for 4 nights in THEhotel and it was love at first sight...  Definately my new place to stay in Vegas :wub:

Vegas is such a lovely and crazy city...

takeachance

takeachance

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 19,521
  • 3,870 posts
  • Born: 1984
I love Vegas , I cant imagine being there when Celine is there though, that would be such a dream come true! :)
Was just there once when Elton was, and I just love Vegas like soooo much
Posted Image
RIP Rene Angelil xx

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

nuts2you

nuts2you

Celine Maniac

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 18,329
  • 9,074 posts
  • Born: 1968

View PostBralo20, on Jun 23 2009, 02:23 PM, said:

Been to Vegas from 4 till 9 June and allready missing Vegas...  Thinking about taking another holiday there since prices are still rather good.

Anyway, I found myself a decent place to stay when being in town.  Stayed for 4 nights in THEhotel and it was love at first sight...  Definately my new place to stay in Vegas :wub:

Vegas is such a lovely and crazy city...

What the name of the hotel u stayed at? I already have some books that I got just in case.

Bralo20

Bralo20

Back...

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

View Postnuts2you, on Jun 25 2009, 03:33 AM, said:

What the name of the hotel u stayed at? I already have some books that I got just in case.

The name of the hotel was in my posting ;)

It was THEhotel :icon_mrgreen:  Ok, the full name is THEhotel @ Mandalay Bay, it's the newer building on the Mandalay property and features an all suite hotel with a bit above 1.000 rooms.  Very nice design and lovely rooms.

http://www.mandalayb...a/THEhotel.aspx

Here are some pics.  There are also som pics of the room in the list: <iframe align="center" src="http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?user_id=39286997@N05&set_id=72157619453003707" frameBorder="0" width="500" height="500"></iframe>

Raevaz

Raevaz

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 22,917
  • 931 posts
Just a quick question... Is the Celine boutique still open at Caesars?

Oh and I would like to just share my quick vegas story...

Well, in early August of 2007, I was on my yearly trip to Los Angeles to see family, and then my moms best friend, a close family friend and a Celine fan took us to vegas and we stayed at Caesars. So we all wanted to go see Celine, and this was when I knew Celine Dion obviously, who doesn't, but I never heard her music, just MHWGO. We kept seeing the promo on the TV and I really liked the few second clips of IA, IDAN, etc. So when we called for tickets, sadly she was on vacation the week we were there, so no Celine for us. But it was all meant to be, because when I got back to L.A, I got on my cousins computer and started listening to the songs on the promo and discovering her music, and I was like this is the perfect type of music for me. So a few months later in Houston, my mom got home from work telling me that she just heard on the radio that Celine is coming to Houston for her tour, and I was just full of joy! So I kept bugging my mom for tickets and she kept telling me that shes not sure if we will go or not. So on christmas day, I got the tickets to the Houston show and found out that my mom had bought the tickets the very first day they went on sale but she didn't tell me! So 2007 was my "Celine Year" because I discovered her music, and got the tickets to see her! Plus TC came out around the same time the tickets went on sale so it was nice timing. I had to wait a year to see the concert but it was worth it all and I got some souvenirs from the concert as well. It was a night to remember.
I can't wait until Vegas if it does indeed happen!

Bralo20

Bralo20

Back...

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

View PostRaevaz, on Jun 26 2009, 07:25 PM, said:

No, there is a Cher/Bette Midler store now.

Well, in early August of 2007, I was on my yearly trip to Los Angeles to see family, and then my moms best friend, a close family friend and a Celine fan took us to vegas and we stayed at Caesars. So we all wanted to go see Celine, and this was when I knew Celine Dion obviously, who doesn't, but I never heard her music, just MHWGO. We kept seeing the promo on the TV and I really liked the few second clips of IA, IDAN, etc. So when we called for tickets, sadly she was on vacation the week we were there, so no Celine for us. But it was all meant to be, because when I got back to L.A, I got on my cousins computer and started listening to the songs on the promo and discovering her music, and I was like this is the perfect type of music for me. So a few months later in Houston, my mom got home from work telling me that she just heard on the radio that Celine is coming to Houston for her tour, and I was just full of joy! So I kept bugging my mom for tickets and she kept telling me that shes not sure if we will go or not. So on christmas day, I got the tickets to the Houston show and found out that my mom had bought the tickets the very first day they went on sale but she didn't tell me! So 2007 was my "Celine Year" because I discovered her music, and got the tickets to see her! Plus TC came out around the same time the tickets went on sale so it was nice timing. I had to wait a year to see the concert but it was worth it all and I got some souvenirs from the concert as well. It was a night to remember.

Thanks for sharing this lovely story!

Raevaz

Raevaz

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 22,917
  • 931 posts

View PostBralo20, on Jun 26 2009, 03:12 PM, said:

View PostRaevaz, on Jun 26 2009, 07:25 PM, said:

No, there is a Cher/Bette Midler store now.

Thanks for sharing this lovely story!

No problem, and aww man the boutique is closed. :( But I LOVE Bette Midler so its alright!

ashleylovesceline

ashleylovesceline

Got an X and an O from Céline! *mwah*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 74
  • 1,853 posts
  • Born: 1985
I miss Vegas a lot, but I don't think I can go back until Céline does, lol. The city just wouldn't be the same for me without her. I hope she returns in the near future... it would be so great! Although, I don't think there will ever be another show like AND... it was breathtaking. :wub:

Shamrock_1982

Shamrock_1982

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,540 posts
I know what you mean Ashley, but whether Celine returns next year or 2011, I'm going to Vegas next year... :)
But yeah it will be really weird if she isn't there when I am!!

Darren

ashleylovesceline

ashleylovesceline

Got an X and an O from Céline! *mwah*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 74
  • 1,853 posts
I would still go, of course - I love Vegas. And I would still have fun, how could you not?! But it just wouldn't be the same. And although I'm a fan of Bette and Cher I might be forced to deface property, lol. J/K ;)

orka

orka

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,733
  • 503 posts
I miss vegas and Céline so much too...
I were in Vegas 4 times..., and i knew it 'cause of Céline of course. But  think i'll go there even if she's not in concert there.
Viva Las vegas, the best entertaintment town!

I Love You

I Love You

MMMM Celine Dion C'Est Vrai.

• Banned
    • Member ID: 25,021
  • 6,041 posts
I miss Vegas its been 5 years since, I saw her live for the first time ever in my life. It was a, 16 birthday present from my parents.  :cry: :yes: :wub:

JCeline85

JCeline85

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 13,129
  • 657 posts
Vegas isn't the same without Celine.. it's sad to be at Ceasars and see Cher and Bette.. and no Celine.. She will return tho..

The Wait Is Over?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 2 user(s)

Nautanick, sfbaysinger

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy