Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Cape Town, South Africa, 23 FebSPOILERS! Pics page 1, video page 2, HQ pics page 10

• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

Elaine

Elaine

The hills are alive with the sound of music!

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,730
  • 2,845 posts
  • Local time: 06:02 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1986
Please bring Fade away back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the updating Love!  :D

Posted Image

miracle_girl

miracle_girl

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,687
  • 656 posts
  • Local time: 08:02 PM
  • Born: 1990
Thanks For The Pics!!
& The Info!!
Only Here Would You Get Info
On A Live Show As Its Happening!!  :clap:

Posted Image

Celine - May 8th @ The 02! Cant Wait!! <3

ahmed

ahmed

HOLD ON

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,050
  • 2,673 posts
  • Local time: 09:02 PM
  • Born: 1985
thank you THOMAS for the pics.
i wish you had a great time, get some rest because i can't wait to read your reviews

Shesings2me

Shesings2me

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 14,985
  • 1,075 posts
  • Local time: 02:02 PM
  • Born: 1967
Pics are beautiful as usual Thomas. I'm glad you had such a nice time gang...can't wait to hear all about it. Cheerio, T.

Posted Image

SarahJB5

SarahJB5

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 555
  • 1,182 posts
  • Local time: 04:02 PM
  • Born: 1983

View Postnate, on Feb 23 2008, 07:14 PM, said:

WOW Thomas thanks for the great Pics. We have lots as well. I just returned, what a hectic day. I can honestly say that the Cape Town show ROCKED. The entire crowd stood for the full 2 hour show and sang along to EVERY song, even PQTME. Celine loved it, she really did.

Reviews posted soon but we need sleep...

I can't wait to hear about your time...I'll look forward to it! I can't believe the audience stood the whole time! I really hope it will be like that for the shows that I go to! The shows are so much more enjoyable when the crowd is into it like that!

Thanks Thomas for the great pics!

I wonder if FA will be comparable to IIC in Vegas...sometimes she'd sing it, sometimes she wouldn't??

I'm a twin mommy just like Celine!
Sophia and Anthony arrived on December 28, 2010

Posted Image

celinesounds

celinesounds

MY NEW SINGLE OUT NOW

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 7,841
  • 6,672 posts
  • Born: 1981
i love the pics :) thanks

NEW SINGLE - ENG

idroveallnight

idroveallnight

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 7,466
  • 1,265 posts
  • Local time: 03:02 PM
  • Born: 1990

View Postnate, on Feb 23 2008, 07:14 PM, said:

WOW Thomas thanks for the great Pics. We have lots as well. I just returned, what a hectic day. I can honestly say that the Cape Town show ROCKED. The entire crowd stood for the full 2 hour show and sang along to EVERY song, even PQTME. Celine loved it, she really did.

:clapping: That's so awesome to hear!!  South Africa rocks!!

anna

anna

Pa jamn bliyé di proche ou yo ke ou rènmen yo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 762
  • 1,290 posts
:cry:  :cry:    fade away come back      :down:  :down:

Koolan

Koolan

Chesternut

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1
  • 20,223 posts
  • Born: 1980
Wooo, I'm glad the crowd was so into it! :clapping1: Looking forward to the reviews + photos. :thumbup:

Posted Image

Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below.

Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.

Make use of the View New Content on top right of forum.
Click on REPORT to report any questionable posts.

Thecolourofmylove

Thecolourofmylove

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 384
  • 894 posts
  • Born: 1979
Thank you Thomas for the pics!!  Can't wait to hear the reviews! PLEASE tell me you bought the program and can scan it for us!!

caroline_reynolds

caroline_reynolds

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 11,005
  • 302 posts
BRING FADE AWAY BACK

Its a highlight of Taking Chances album!

nate

nate

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,074
  • 108 posts
  • Local time: 10:02 PM
  • Born: 1981
This is my review...

I went to see Celine in Las Vegas in 2003 and since it was a rather classy setting, I'd been waiting for a real concert experience for a while. When I hear the seating at Vergelegen was going to be picnic style seating I wasn't impressed, cos I wanted to jump around and go crazy, especially since this show was going to be more rock.

The organisation of the event was pretty non-existent but we'd expect that from South Africans. Jane, Shirley and I got into the queue at the wine estate gates around 11 in the morning, and we spent the day listening to Celine on my small portable speaker as well as witnessing quite a long sound check.

I have to mention that the organisers just weren't expecting fans to start queuing from 9 am, so as more and more people started to arrive at around lunch, things got a little out of control. Of course those that got there first wanted to enter the venue first because pretty much all seating was non-allocated.

By the time the gates had opened Jane ran to get us the BEST possible position. She did such an amazing job, because we sat front row, right up against the barricade!

Patrick, Rene's son walked past us and Jane said hi, but forgot to give him the gift that she brought along for Celine. So a few minutes later we go try an find him again, and there's Rene and Patrick with other business-like people. I shouted 'Hey Rene' and he looked at me and said 'hi'. I was so stoked! Then Jane passed Rene the gift and he accepted it.

The opening act was better than I thought it would be. People were pretty much just sitting eating on their picnic baskets still, until Celine's intro music started to play. We all stood from this point on and never looked back. The intro was just music and lights, no video. I really wanted to see the IDAN intro but for some reason they didn't use it. She sang the full IDAN.

The audience sang along from the first lyric and never stopped. I think Celine loved that. The setlist for this show was the same as the Pretoria concert, but Celine didn't do FA.

IA was really amazing, with the dancers doing a very Lion King type routine. It was stunning! The red outfit that everyone hates is much better when you actually see it on Celine. Seriously, she looks great in it.

Her dancers are very energetic and compliment the show very well. I was very impressed with them.

It was a great concert experience and luckily the picnic was forgotten as soon as Celine hit the stage. I thought it was sooo cool to have shared it with some other forum members. We took lots of pics and Shirley will be sending them along when she wakes up hopefully. She took some pics of the tour merchandise. For now I think you've all seen pics of the tour-book. There are also a selection of t-shirts, a key-ring, and a poster. Let's see how Shirley's pics came out. The tour-book and t-shirts were selling for the equivalent of US$19.50 (ZAR150), and the key-ring and posters for US$6.50 (ZAR50). That's not to say that they will cost the same amount around the world.

You guys are gonna love this tour!!!

nano

nano

♥♥♥♥

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 806
  • 11,089 posts
  • Born: 1982
thanks for the review!!! :D

:( I hope they bring FA back, I love that song.

"Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."

Ccile

Ccile

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,652
  • 1,310 posts
thanks for those pics!! can't wait to see more!!!

it's so nice to have the opportunity to follow this tour on this forum with reviews and pics!!!!!!!
Posted Image

The girls are back!!!!

JessCC

JessCC

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,934
  • 559 posts
  • Local time: 04:02 AM
Yay!!  :clap:

We finally get some information on merchandise. Thanks so much, Nate! Can't wait for the pictures!  :wub:  

View Postnate, on Feb 24 2008, 04:34 PM, said:

This is my review...

I went to see Celine in Las Vegas in 2003 and since it was a rather classy setting, I'd been waiting for a real concert experience for a while. When I hear the seating at Vergelegen was going to be picnic style seating I wasn't impressed, cos I wanted to jump around and go crazy, especially since this show was going to be more rock.

The organisation of the event was pretty non-existent but we'd expect that from South Africans. Jane, Shirley and I got into the queue at the wine estate gates around 11 in the morning, and we spent the day listening to Celine on my small portable speaker as well as witnessing quite a long sound check.

I have to mention that the organisers just weren't expecting fans to start queuing from 9 am, so as more and more people started to arrive at around lunch, things got a little out of control. Of course those that got there first wanted to enter the venue first because pretty much all seating was non-allocated.

By the time the gates had opened Jane ran to get us the BEST possible position. She did such an amazing job, because we sat front row, right up against the barricade!

Patrick, Rene's son walked past us and Jane said hi, but forgot to give him the gift that she brought along for Celine. So a few minutes later we go try an find him again, and there's Rene and Patrick with other business-like people. I shouted 'Hey Rene' and he looked at me and said 'hi'. I was so stoked! Then Jane passed Rene the gift and he accepted it.

The opening act was better than I thought it would be. People were pretty much just sitting eating on their picnic baskets still, until Celine's intro music started to play. We all stood from this point on and never looked back. The intro was just music and lights, no video. I really wanted to see the IDAN intro but for some reason they didn't use it. She sang the full IDAN.

The audience sang along from the first lyric and never stopped. I think Celine loved that. The setlist for this show was the same as the Pretoria concert, but Celine didn't do FA.

IA was really amazing, with the dancers doing a very Lion King type routine. It was stunning! The red outfit that everyone hates is much better when you actually see it on Celine. Seriously, she looks great in it.

Her dancers are very energetic and compliment the show very well. I was very impressed with them.

It was a great concert experience and luckily the picnic was forgotten as soon as Celine hit the stage. I thought it was sooo cool to have shared it with some other forum members. We took lots of pics and Shirley will be sending them along when she wakes up hopefully. She took some pics of the tour merchandise. For now I think you've all seen pics of the tour-book. There are also a selection of t-shirts, a key-ring, and a poster. Let's see how Shirley's pics came out. The tour-book and t-shirts were selling for the equivalent of US$19.50 (ZAR150), and the key-ring and posters for US$6.50 (ZAR50). That's not to say that they will cost the same amount around the world.

You guys are gonna love this tour!!!

Teodora

Teodora

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,612
  • 3,883 posts
  • Born: 1980
Grrrrrrrreeeeeeeat!  :wub: I know what you mean about waiting for a "real" concert. I've seen her in Vegas 5 times, including the last two shows, and even though the shows were more than I could dream of, many people attending the concerts were just....Yuck! Including people that would pull on me to sit down when I was getting up to dance and stuff like that. I'm sure this won't happen on the tour!
Can't wait for photos and videos and stuff. You guys were so lucky you were allowed to bring in cameras!

CSCfan

CSCfan

Talk to me, talk to me.... like lovers do..

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 427
  • 10,762 posts
Thank you!! :D

Hope they will bring "Fade Away" back....but also that yellow dress! :o It was beautiful....

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

Prince Whiskers

Prince Whiskers

Emancipation of Lady CelDi

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 14,846
  • 3,508 posts
  • Local time: 04:02 AM
  • Born: 1984
Hmmmm, did the crowd also sing along to ABM? :shifty: The Cape Town show had a garden setting, right? Must have been really, really amazing.

Edited by manuel morriso, 24 February 2008 - 04:15 AM.

Posted Image

Scully Dion

Scully Dion

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,374
  • 689 posts
  • Born: 1979
I tell you what guys, the show last night was simply AMAZING!!!  :clap:  The only thing that wasn't, was the unbelievably rediculous amount of time it took to get there. The traffic was hidious! Was supposed to be about a 45 minute drive from Cape Town, it took FOUR hours!!  :angry:

But heck, she was most certainly worth the wait! The set list was everything I had wished for, she totally rocked.  :rockon:  :w00t: The crowd was amazing, they knew all the words, not one person sat down for the whole show. My favs where Shadow Of Love, Can't Fight the Feeling and Woman In Me. Eyes On Me was amazing, those dancers did some moves that were mind boggling, and her red outfit was hot hot hot!  :wub:  The whole show was a bit reminicent of the Cher farewell tour I thought... No complaints though, lovin' the more up tempo style - Celine you go girl!!!

Everyone was singing and dancing, people were even allowed to take pictures - which I hope to share as soon as I get home and can download them.

P.S. Jane - it was great to see you and Duchess even though it was only short - we only got back home at 3.30am  :doh:, hope it was better for you guys!

Clare x :flowers:

Edited by Scully Dion, 24 February 2008 - 04:32 AM.

www.celinelasvegas.com
Celine Dion and Las Vegas Travel Guide - follow me on twitter @celinelasvegas

Thomas

Thomas

c e l i n e ♥

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 430
  • 4,000 posts
It sounds like the organisation was an absolute disaster!  :confused:

"We paid R3000 per ticket and also had no view of the stage. The crowds blocked our view. There was no access control to the VIP area, people streamed in from nowhere and drank themselves stupid. She was brilliant but it would have been better on TV. It took us four hours to get to the venue from Cape Town."

"Utter chaos. Keep the organisers far away from 2010. She deserves much better."

"I need to congratulate the organisers of this event for the worst experience I have ever needed to endure. The lack of planning and organisation was astounding."

"The worst managed event I have ever attended."

"Utter and dangerous chaos- a stampede at the gates had people fainting and nearly getting crushed.
*No traffic control
*No parking- and where were the shuttles
*No signs as to where to enter/exit
*Untrained totally inefficient gate “officials”
*Only two open gates, allowing in two people at a time
*No picnic hampers for sale as promised- tried to book by phone on
Wednesday- told bookings closed but hampers will be freely available
*Could not see the stage for all the drunk six footers in my way"

"Thanks to Celine for saving a chaotic night! If it was not for her great performance last night would have been the worst concert ever…"

Plus many more complains here: http://www.celinedion.co.za/?p=85
At least Celine was good, but it's a shame that the organisers let everyone down.

Thomas

Thomas

c e l i n e ♥

• Moderators
  • 4,000 posts

Short video of Celine talking to the audience in Cape Town. Glad everyone seems to be enjoying it despite the problems! :thumbsup2:

maxceline

maxceline

"Celine"

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 46
  • 7,862 posts
  • Born: 1984
wow!thanks... she s enjoying this tour so much....and it's almost ended with SA :( but i'm glad that europe is coming closer and closer! :)

[size=2]
[color="#483D8B"][font="Impact"]-11th/12th November 2004 Las Vegas Caesar's Palace!! First ROW!!
-6th May 2008 London O2 Arena,
-19th & 20th May 2008 Paris Bercy
-2nd June 2008 Amsterdam Arena
-14th June 2008 Frankfurt Commerzbank
-3rd July 2008 Milan Datch Forum
-5th July 2008 Nice Stade Nikaia

Duchess

Duchess

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 150
  • 850 posts
i have eventually awoken  :giggle: . got home this a.m. just before 8 but i was totally and utterly exhausted so i went to have a sleep.

let me tell you what...............CAPE TOWN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!. i don't think the organisers and security expected the response. the crowd were having none of the "sit down" orders from them. when celine came on the people stood and even moved forward. you could see security had no control and weren't about to try tell people to sit and give orders. at times you couldn't even hear celine singing the audience participation was sooooooo loud. i have seen concerts of celine's on dvd and video, but i have never seen anything like this. it was basically people had come to see celine and no one was going to get in their way. people were fighting outside the gates just before the show started trying to get in to see celine. i think they just parked their cars in the street and ran in 'cos there was utter chaos afterwards. it took us 2 hours to get back to where we were staying, and it only took about 4 minutes to get from there to the venue. even when nate took us back about 1 to change it only took about 4/5 minutes to get back.
even though she didn't sing FA, this whole experience in CT made up for it. celine was ALIVE on that stage compared to the durban show.
when she sang ABM in durban, the crowd basically kept quiet when they knew she was going to hit that big note, then cheered when she did. in cape town, the crowd sang from the first word and when celine was about to hit that big note, the crowd lifted her with their singing and sang that note with her.
celine has always said that when she sings TT she thinks of the UK. but believe me she will NEVER think of the UK again when she sings TT. i could tell she was amazed at the response. at one point i could see the telly and could see the utter amazement on her face. she just couldn't believe the response.

when she did the sound check at around 4 in the afternoon, the crowd outside, who were lined up right around the entire venue, just cheered her like you cannot believe. she did about 3 entire songs with her sound check, and i think that she possibly did this because of the crowd reaction.

believe me, NO reviews posted here can give last night justification. you had to be there to experience it.

i took 126 photos, and thanx to nate, he was taller than me, he took some stunning pics as well. they will be posted once i got them on the pc and sent them to thomas first for him to "mark" them. i won't be posting the pics without any marking 'cos i don't want ppl to not give credit to the forum if they use them.

and that's my review, which is way more than durban.

scully dion it was sooooooooo great to meet and mj last night. as you said it was brief but brilliant.

that's all folks, till johannesburg on friday 29th at monte casino.
Posted Image

kathy4

kathy4

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,750
  • 1,886 posts
  • Born: 1970
hello everyone thanks for sharing the pictures with us. also i am glad that you had a great time at the show. i can't wait to see the pictures of what they have for sale at the shows.
Posted Image

mirage

mirage

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 112
  • 7,851 posts
we want Fade Away!!!

and her intro video!!! PLEASEEEE :D

remykyes

remykyes

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,680
  • 1,961 posts
yeah, did anyone get any good bootlegs?

kathy4

kathy4

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,750
  • 1,886 posts
  • Born: 1970
i was wondering the same thing. also any pictures of the tour merchandise yet?
Posted Image

scorp82

scorp82

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 16,462
  • 779 posts
  • Born: 1982

View PostDuchess, on Feb 24 2008, 07:54 AM, said:

i have eventually awoken  :giggle: . got home this a.m. just before 8 but i was totally and utterly exhausted so i went to have a sleep.

let me tell you what...............CAPE TOWN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!. i don't think the organisers and security expected the response. the crowd were having none of the "sit down" orders from them. when celine came on the people stood and even moved forward. you could see security had no control and weren't about to try tell people to sit and give orders. at times you couldn't even hear celine singing the audience participation was sooooooo loud. i have seen concerts of celine's on dvd and video, but i have never seen anything like this. it was basically people had come to see celine and no one was going to get in their way. people were fighting outside the gates just before the show started trying to get in to see celine. i think they just parked their cars in the street and ran in 'cos there was utter chaos afterwards. it took us 2 hours to get back to where we were staying, and it only took about 4 minutes to get from there to the venue. even when nate took us back about 1 to change it only took about 4/5 minutes to get back.
even though she didn't sing FA, this whole experience in CT made up for it. celine was ALIVE on that stage compared to the durban show.
when she sang ABM in durban, the crowd basically kept quiet when they knew she was going to hit that big note, then cheered when she did. in cape town, the crowd sang from the first word and when celine was about to hit that big note, the crowd lifted her with their singing and sang that note with her.
celine has always said that when she sings TT she thinks of the UK. but believe me she will NEVER think of the UK again when she sings TT. i could tell she was amazed at the response. at one point i could see the telly and could see the utter amazement on her face. she just couldn't believe the response.

when she did the sound check at around 4 in the afternoon, the crowd outside, who were lined up right around the entire venue, just cheered her like you cannot believe. she did about 3 entire songs with her sound check, and i think that she possibly did this because of the crowd reaction.

believe me, NO reviews posted here can give last night justification. you had to be there to experience it.

i took 126 photos, and thanx to nate, he was taller than me, he took some stunning pics as well. they will be posted once i got them on the pc and sent them to thomas first for him to "mark" them. i won't be posting the pics without any marking 'cos i don't want ppl to not give credit to the forum if they use them.

and that's my review, which is way more than durban.

scully dion it was sooooooooo great to meet and mj last night. as you said it was brief but brilliant.

that's all folks, till johannesburg on friday 29th at monte casino.

Thank you for the review!

It really seems the cape TOWN crowd really loves Celine!  I am so glad Celine completely enjoyed herself!  The cape TOWN concert seems like one of those experiences of a lifetime!

Overall, I have a feeling Celine will leave South Africa with very fond memories!  If Celine ever does another international tour again, we can bet she will return to South Africa!

Elaine

Elaine

The hills are alive with the sound of music!

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,730
  • 2,845 posts
  • Local time: 06:02 PM
  • Born: 1986
:cry: Crying rivers with your reviews guys!!! Thank you so much for all the updates!! Can't wait to see the pictures!!!  :clap:

Posted Image

Thomas

Thomas

c e l i n e ♥

• Moderators
  • 4,000 posts
Shirley uploaded one of her pics to keep us going until she sorts them out:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 6 user(s)

Viktoria Ceslakova, anewdayhascome, Dertz1, Gulenkov, gsty15, geradion

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy