Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Dec 15, 2007 - Final show

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Clari

Clari

Past the planets and the stars...

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 256
  • 5,152 posts
  • Local time: 05:37 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1983
Awesome photo Chuck!! Thanks for sharing that! :D

The show was so amazing! :wub: :woot: I will have to put a review together soon... I can't believe it's over!!

Posted Image CLARiSSA Xxx...
"Music touches every sense. It can move you to tears, bring joy to your heart, stir sexual passion, evoke memories, and prompt physical responses of all kinds." -Benoît Jutras

Koolan

Koolan

Chesternut

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1
  • 20,224 posts
  • Local time: 07:37 AM
  • Born: 1980
So sad to see an era come to an end. :cry: The broken glass before ANDHC shows "A New Day... The Final Day"

It was nice to meet you Chuck, you're very lucky to have access to those events. What a lovely photo with Celine. :wub: Thanks for sharing all the info here.  :thumbsup2:

Posted Image

Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below.

Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.

Make use of the View New Content on top right of forum.
Click on REPORT to report any questionable posts.

anghil5

anghil5

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,801
  • 455 posts
I can hardly even read about all of this without choking up. I am going to miss this like crazy! I can't get the final show out of my head!

celinefanonline

celinefanonline

Celine Fan Online

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 129
  • 5,892 posts
  • Local time: 09:37 PM
  • Born: 1984
i was in the 2nd mez..
and i have to say although this is the last show but the audience is not as good as the 14th one... and i heard from a fan that attended the whole week.. he said the thursday one is better than the 14th one!!

anyway yes it is pretty disappointing there's no any gift...
the audience... not that good but good in some way... (well not as energetic)
and another small disappointment is that Celine still saying pretty much the same thing as the 2nd last show... and i thought there would be like an extra song.. but no... (not counting the christmas song)
also one thing i didn't like is that they have save the seats for VIPs... (the gamble people...) and some didn't turn up which made some seats empty..... they should give the seats for the fans not them... i know it's important people but still...

ok now before the show i saw few Celine's band member
and Luc Plamondon... !! after the show i saw Garou!!!

when they show the secret of AND before the show... i was like yeah ... but then i was like no cause i knew they gonna show the performance  of the day that Celine's father passed away, it's longer than the one they showed on oprah show.. and it's too emotional for me... and i ... :cry:
it was amazing though... i love it very very much... i still can't believe i was there!
u know what we were the only 2 rows in 2nd mez that was standing during LCMM!!!
it was cool... by the way i don't know why but there was a man seating next to my left.. and he was like looking at my way many times... i dont' know why... (did u notice celineiloveyou?) maybe cause i got tears in my eyes?? who knows..

after the show i stayed in Slice till like 1am... ahaha

it was really cool to meet up fans!!

ps: thanks again koolan
Courage don't you dare fail me now!

CarolynofFL

CarolynofFL

• Members
  • Pip
    • Member ID: 14,504
  • 21 posts
  • Born: 1941
http://music.yahoo.c...d/news/54225337
Celine sings the Christmas Song and clips from the Press Conference
Posted Image
Kerry, "Rene", Carolyn & Lisa
Celine Buddies

Tal

Tal

Celine Obsessed

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,923
  • 2,677 posts
  • Local time: 06:37 AM
I can't believe its over either!!

I had such a great time!  I have to agree with everyone else who said that the other nights had better crowds.  For me the 13th was the best, but I was sitting in the center.  On the 14th we were sitting in Orch 6 so we were a bit detached from the main crowd.  But deifnitely the crowd on the 15th was the less enthusiastic crowd.

Regarding the whole standing thing, on the last night I was in Orch 4 DD (Jennifer I was 2 rows in front of you) and I stood up for IA, LCMM, etc.  I understand how it can be frustrating for some and I actually talked to the guy sitting behind me, but he was totally cool with it and stood up all the time as well.  Its just, its her last show and you could see how much she and the dancers soaked it all up.  I think she was moved when people stood up for her during ANDHC, and during RDMH I could see on the faces of the dancers that they were so excited by the enthusiasm.

I live my life like a runaway
I hide my dreams in a special place
I'm waiting here for my prince to come
To save me from the darkness...

kathyc25

kathyc25

Music is life...live it

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 8,138
  • 3,874 posts
  • Born: 1981
Oh thank you for the pictures Chuck! They`re great! So cool that you got to hang out with her at the partay :D. Hey! I saw you at the movie last night too, I wanted to introduce myself but I was shy lol. I hope to meet you someday :)
Music Is Life...Live It
You are the music while the music lasts.  ~T.S. Eliot
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

A New Day Has Come

A New Day Has Come

Celine Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 10,731
  • 3,385 posts
  • Local time: 03:37 AM
  • Born: 1989
All those reviews made cry and made me down in the dumps I can't belive it's over for good. My god. :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :down:

kelseyraye

kelseyraye

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,861
  • 129 posts
  • Born: 1987

View Postcokecbaby, on Dec 17 2007, 02:28 AM, said:

Well I never stood unless the people in front of me did because then I would not have been able to see. People stood more this show than pretty much any other I have seen over the past 5 years. I think there was only a couple songs when our rows stood and no one else did... and I had no intention of missing them because the rows in front of me were standing. I guess the ushers could have asked us to sit but the family was many rows behind us so it wasn't like we were directly in front of us. I did think of that while we were standing but I wasn't going to sit and not see anything.

I agree with you completely! I was sitting right behind you! (I'm so happy we met!!!) There is no reason that we, as fans, shouldn't get to enjoy our last night with her...you could tell she liked us standing...she even motioned for us to get up several times.  If the family REALLY had a problem with it, all they would have had to do was say something to the ushers.  Aside from the family, who really are the only people who had a right to complain, if you were annoyed with people standing, then you should have stood up too! It's more fun that way anyways! The energy level was way up! We had a great time dancing around singing with her!  I'm sure she appreciated it!

LVCeline

LVCeline

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 295
  • 1,275 posts
  • Born: 1982
I wouldn't be terribly concerned with the family's view, I mean they've all seen the show a billion times, and they get to spend their lives with Celine.  Fans should be number one priority at concerts, bottom line.  And if people behind you don't like it they can stand their selves right up!

kelseyraye

kelseyraye

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,861
  • 129 posts
  • Born: 1987

View PostLVCeline, on Dec 18 2007, 05:47 PM, said:

I wouldn't be terribly concerned with the family's view, I mean they've all seen the show a billion times, and they get to spend their lives with Celine.  Fans should be number one priority at concerts, bottom line.  And if people behind you don't like it they can stand their selves right up!

thank you! that's exactly how i feel! plus...Rene had to know that would happen...he could have arranged for front row if he realllllllyy wanted it...but he knew there was more money to be made in keeping those seats open!

Lawna

Lawna

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 70
  • 1,785 posts
  • Local time: 04:37 AM
  • Born: 1985

View Postkelseyraye, on Dec 18 2007, 03:08 PM, said:

View PostLVCeline, on Dec 18 2007, 05:47 PM, said:

thank you! that's exactly how i feel! plus...Rene had to know that would happen...he could have arranged for front row if he realllllllyy wanted it...but he knew there was more money to be made in keeping those seats open!

not only that, but I'm sure they are content in the fact that Celine has fans who will stand and dance for her...see Rene is a smart man we fans are truly the Halifax type!!! Just too bad Halifax did not realize that. Rene was probably whispering that though to Mama Dion! :msn-tongue:

They go crazy for you because they know you're true. --Celine Dion
Posted Image

Follow Me on Twitter!
Visit Me on Facebook!

Lawna

Lawna

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

View PostClari, on Dec 17 2007, 07:26 PM, said:

The show was so amazing! :wub: :woot: I will have to put a review together soon... I can't believe it's over!!

Clarissa! It was nice to have finally met you!!!!!!1 :clap:

Posted Image

Follow Me on Twitter!
Visit Me on Facebook!

ahmed

ahmed

HOLD ON

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,050
  • 2,673 posts
  • Local time: 12:37 PM
thanks for the reviews
that made me really sad

Edited by ahmed, 18 December 2007 - 08:46 PM.

djs31982

djs31982

What do you say to taking chances?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 13,629
  • 321 posts
I agree...luckily i had people standing up behind me so I didnt feel so bad on the last night. In my opinion I paid a lot of money to be there and I was going to enjoy it.

And yeah you could tell the huge applause before ANDHC even ended really made her feel good.

All of the promises broken..
And all of the songs left unsung...
Seem so far away as I make my way back to you.
You gave me faith and you gave me a world to believe in

anghil5

anghil5

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,801
  • 455 posts
I actually had an usher come and tell me to sit down during IA. It reallllly made me mad, because I wanted to enjoy the show as much as I could. I stood up during LCMM, but that was it - most of the audience did. And, of course after every song. The entire crowd was pretty lame that night, honestly.

Love,

Love,

Il mio cuore Ŕ per voi

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 9,144
  • 4,759 posts
  • Local time: 01:37 PM

View Posttim123, on Dec 16 2007, 08:26 AM, said:

Wow, the show was amazing. absolutely can not put into words how much it felt like being in the crowd this special night. Celine did not want the show to end. In fact she started late as she had been almost every single night this week. Alot more conversation about the show ending and how it all began along with the reality that the show might have not been a success. Of course, we the fans had alot of faith in her and she definitely felt the love tonight. I hated to see it end. I met alot of fans from around the world. I was not able to meet up w/all of you from this site but a big hug goes out to all of you, a few I can name Ramona, Estevam, Sophoan(a.k.a Love) Angela, it is early so I am only naming those I can remember ... oh before I forget a big send off to the fans I met from Germany. I think you know who you are. Have a safe trip home. God bless ...maybe we will meet again someday if not know this message is for you. What an adoring amount of fans Celine has who have followed her through out her career and will continue. The next venture is yet to come so it is not over. See you Celine on your world tour and congratulations on a job well done. You proved it could be done and now many big acts are following your footsteps. Quite big shoes to fill I might add!

Tim: it was so nice to meet you as well.
However, our meeting was as fast as the blink of an eye! :mdr:  

I still don't know why I was in such a hurry. Was it Garou?

I know I will see you again. And I promise you that next time, it will be a longer rendezvous! HAHA :)

Chuck: I am still thrilled that we had met. You were so kind as well to allow me to interview you on video. I could really feel your sincerity and passion through your words. I'm excited for you to see it soon! Thanks! :)

Edited by Love,, 19 December 2007 - 02:19 AM.

Clari

Clari

Past the planets and the stars...

• Design Team
    • Member ID: 256
  • 5,152 posts
  • Born: 1983

View PostLawna, on Dec 18 2007, 06:49 PM, said:

View PostClari, on Dec 17 2007, 07:26 PM, said:

Clarissa! It was nice to have finally met you!!!!!!1 :clap:
It was great meeting you too, too bad we didn't get more time.   :w00t: :D

Posted Image CLARiSSA Xxx...
"Music touches every sense. It can move you to tears, bring joy to your heart, stir sexual passion, evoke memories, and prompt physical responses of all kinds." -Benoît Jutras

tahitiCELINEfan

tahitiCELINEfan

taravana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,642
  • 768 posts
  • Local time: 01:37 AM
  • Born: 1978
Hey everyone, it was so great seeing you again !!!! I'm sorry I couldn't spend much time with the group as I had to be a tour guide to 14 of my family members who were there with me!!!
the last shows were just awesome!
here are some of the pics I was able to do during the last show!

Take care everyone!!!

Love ya!!

Posted Image

Celine last wave to her team!

Posted Image

The last salute!

Posted Image

Franco Dragone applauding for the last performance!!!

I'll try to post more later on!  ^_^

Edited by tahitiCELINEfan, 20 December 2007 - 01:18 PM.

MY TAKING CHANCES TOUR:
202 concert dates, and counting!
A LIFETIME OF MEMORIES AND WONDERFUL FRIENDSHIPS
MISS YOU CELINE!

tativale

tativale

"Ailleurs n'est jamais loin quand on aime"

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 40
  • 7,802 posts
  • Local time: 08:37 AM
dont make me cry with those photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hehehehe

Posted Image

"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moi

It's always possible to change!

Vive le Québec

"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,
Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, les
instants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."

tahitiCELINEfan

tahitiCELINEfan

taravana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
:flowers:  Don't cry... celine is going on tour!!!! I'msure you'll get to see her again!  :clap:

MY TAKING CHANCES TOUR:
MISS YOU CELINE!

Filine

Filine

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 867
  • 1,133 posts
  • Local time: 12:37 PM
I also loved it when CÚline started talking about the premiere and how she lost her shoes and she was joking and then said to her mom that she had them THIS time, the entire audience cracked up. Of course CÚline's family didn't understand much so then after she finished in English she translated in French for them and then the Dion family burst out in laughter it was so hilarious!!

Posted Image
"They call my home the land of snow, Canadian cold front movin' in"

tahitiCELINEfan

tahitiCELINEfan

taravana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
Yes!
And I also liked the fact that she had tied part of a string RC gave her to her wrist! so cute!

MY TAKING CHANCES TOUR:
MISS YOU CELINE!

scorp82

scorp82

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 16,462
  • 779 posts
I didn't have the opportunity to go to Vegas and see the show live. In fact, I've never seen Celine live.  I'm looking forward to January 2009!

I know "A New Day..." is to be enjoyed in person, but I absolutely loved the DVD!  I know if I were at the show, I'd probably be a little too emotional and cry some!  Especially on the last show!

celinefanonline

celinefanonline

Celine Fan Online

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 129
  • 5,892 posts
  • Local time: 09:37 PM
  • Born: 1984
oh u know during i'm alive, when the dancers stop moving and Celine was walking and saying hi how r u and things for the normal show.. this time she said to a girl dancer "oh don't cry baby"..
it must be very very hard for the dancers.. even for me.....
Courage don't you dare fail me now!

Lawna

Lawna

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

View Postnystrele, on Dec 17 2007, 03:18 PM, said:

i know these are similar to many of the photos that have been on the web, but here is another that i took at the press conference that i love... the beautiful flow of celine's dress...

i asked her a question at the press conference: "with the holidays coming and the tour beginning in mid-february, how does she intend to rehearse for and learn a new show." her response was something along the lines of: "well, i know the songs and i have other people designing the show," which i thought was pretty funny...

cheers!
=chuck=

Attachment IMG_7003_2.jpg

Chuck! I meant to ask for your autograph lol but I was so overcome with it being the last show in all...I let my nerves take over me hehe :giggle: but I was the crazy girl sitting to the left of you in SLICE  :D

Posted Image

Follow Me on Twitter!
Visit Me on Facebook!

Cheerfuljane

Cheerfuljane

Celine Worshipper

• Banned
    • Member ID: 1,795
  • 5,685 posts

View Postnystrele, on Dec 17 2007, 07:46 PM, said:

greetings!

what an amazing evening! it was so great meeting a number of you before the show... i was fortunate enough to attend the press conference afterward and am attempting to attach a photo i took there -- which i think is just beautiful.

cheers-
=chuck=

Attachment IMG_6997_2.jpg

:crybaby:  That photo is gorgeous :thankspin:

I'm not the emotional type but I cried the entire show  :whistling:
I really didn't expect to because I'll be going to 5 of the South African shows  :ninja:

Edited by Cheerfuljane, 22 December 2007 - 03:06 AM.

Teodora

Teodora

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,612
  • 3,883 posts
  • Local time: 01:37 PM
OMG the last 2 shows were AMAZING! Her voice was great, she sounded better than on the DVD! That note at the end of I Surrender seemed to never end :clap:  :w00t: Everything was just fantastic, two of the best nights in my life!
Chuck, those pics are so lovely! Thanks for sharing!

kathy4

kathy4

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,750
  • 1,887 posts
  • Born: 1970
thanks for posting the pictures i loved them. i never got the chance to see celine in vegas. i know i wanted to. but now i get to see her in september on the world tour for the first time. i can't wait.
Posted Image

Celinenvegas

Celinenvegas

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 786
  • 1,531 posts
Thanks for the pics everyone!

I went to all 4 shows and the audience seemed best on Thurs & Fri nights.  On Thurs I was in Orch4, Row CC and the crowd in that area is ALWAYS awesome - up and singing & dancing!!   I'm gonna sure miss being that close to Celine and the stage, the TC stage won't be that low or close to the fans for sure.
~J O E Y~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 29 user(s)

Jef, Lestat5485, celinedion87, tessika, Katie, iza, pame-65, Bartholdemus, pat200, selsdion, biscuit2, Lolo88, HushNow, hugo020, Rea, celinesounds, Celine Fan 77, isabel leite, Edgar14, pepillo90, duri, giannislyber, Dertz1, Sazeliza, Ncarbia, sfbaysinger, celinish98, chocolatechip15, celinemusicfanatic97

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy