Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Dec 15, 2007 - Final show

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

tim123

tim123

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 11,009
  • 132 posts
  • Local time: 07:03 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
Wow, the show was amazing. absolutely can not put into words how much it felt like being in the crowd this special night. Celine did not want the show to end. In fact she started late as she had been almost every single night this week. Alot more conversation about the show ending and how it all began along with the reality that the show might have not been a success. Of course, we the fans had alot of faith in her and she definitely felt the love tonight. I hated to see it end. I met alot of fans from around the world. I was not able to meet up w/all of you from this site but a big hug goes out to all of you, a few I can name Ramona, Estevam, Sophoan(a.k.a Love) Angela, it is early so I am only naming those I can remember ... oh before I forget a big send off to the fans I met from Germany. I think you know who you are. Have a safe trip home. God bless ...maybe we will meet again someday if not know this message is for you. What an adoring amount of fans Celine has who have followed her through out her career and will continue. The next venture is yet to come so it is not over. See you Celine on your world tour and congratulations on a job well done. You proved it could be done and now many big acts are following your footsteps. Quite big shoes to fill I might add!

Edited by tim123, 16 December 2007 - 10:27 AM.

kathy4

kathy4

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,750
  • 1,887 posts
  • Local time: 08:03 AM
  • Born: 1970
do you have any pictures?
Posted Image

pol

pol

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,866
  • 1,659 posts
  • Born: 1989
Great review :clap:
Tell us something more about the songs she performed, everything that was special to that night, did you receive any presents, gifts???
Posted Image
Posted Image

MY TOUR DATES
June 12th, 2008 - Berlin, Germany
June 28th, 2008 - Cracow, Poland

peo

peo

·•●~CELINE'S STAR~·•●

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 10,179
  • 7,851 posts
  • Born: 1988
Wow! great review. I hope more reviews come. ^_^

Posted Image

There ain't a dream that don't have the chance to come true now, it just takes a little faith baby...

Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow you: http://twitter.com/RainbowishABE

LVCeline

LVCeline

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 295
  • 1,275 posts
  • Local time: 06:03 AM
  • Born: 1982
There were no gifts of any kind.

She performed Taking Chances after I'm Alive and it was AWESOME!  That song is amazing, but when you hear her sing it in person with the amazing sound system and the live band it's just unbelievable.  She sounded SO GOOD.  

After MHWGO she performed The Christmas Song, and it was FLAWLESS.  She sounded better than the cd version honest to god.  I don't even like that song but the live version last night was unbelievable.  

It was pretty much a standard show with the addition of the 2 songs, but before the show started the head of Caesars' (the big fat guy from the DVD bonus) came on stage and made a speech and then they showed the A New Day: Secrets from the DVD.  After that was done the glass shattered and the show began.  

The crowd went wild when Celine came on stage for the first time and everyone stood up and clapped while she started singing ANDHC, it was really touching.  

She made a REALLY long speech where she usually takes her first speech break after TLYM.  Mostly about her feelings about the show and it ending.  She babbled quite a bit honestly.  It was straight from the heart though.  

She was in amazing voice for the entire show, she sounded awesome.  Way better than the DVD if you ask me.  

Any suspicions of RDMH being lipped should be thrown out the window because last night for the first time during one of her lines she put her mic out for the audience to sing the line and there was no sound.  I think nobody was expecting it so nobody sang, but it kinda proved to me that she's actually singing the song; not like they stopped the track for a second randomly.  

There were lots of cameras there before the show interviewing people, as well as after the show they were following Celine, Rene, and RC off stage.  I'm sure that will air tonight on the TVA special.  

Rene, RC, and Celine's mom sat like 10 rows back in the middle and snuck in just after the DVD started to play, and the crowd went crazy for them!  After the show Celine called Rene and RC up on stage to give them both a rose.  It was really sweet seeing RC up there hugging his mom.  

Overall a really touching end of an era!  I will miss it so much.  I'm sure it didn't sink in for anyone there last night that it would never happen again.

racey3229

racey3229

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,260
  • 270 posts
  • Local time: 01:03 PM
  • Born: 1984
we were also there last night,sat up in the 2nd mez.the atmostphere was not too good really up there,we were surrounded by people who were not not really huge celine fans.it was great to be there on the final performance,to see the show one last time.
Rene and RC were sat in the audience,as was celines mum.RC of cause got the rose at the end,he went up on the stage,and started to collect all of the falling rose petals,to give to celine.
no tears from celine though,the dancers remained on stage at the end and were very emotional,hugging and kissing etc,and throwing rose petals at each other.
we never got any gifts or keep sakes which was kinda dissapointing  :nono:

the show started with a 15 minute long video clip on the screen of how a new day began etc,and how it had progressed etc.

apart from that it was pretty much as normal,same songs etc.

goodbye to A New Day!!  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:
My Taking Chances Tour 2008-2009....

Manchester 2nd May 2008
Manchester 3rd May 2008
London 8th May 2008
Birmingham 10tH May 2008
Dublin 30th May 2008
Amsterdam 2nd June 2008
Nice 5th July 2008
Geneva 9th July 2008
Philadelphia 5th Sept 2008
Tacoma,USA 18th October 2008
Vancouver 20th October 2008
Vancouver 21st October 2008
Miami 23rd January 2009
Tampa 28th January 2009
Fort Lauderdale 30th January 2009

pol

pol

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,866
  • 1,659 posts
  • Born: 1989

View PostLVCeline, on Dec 16 2007, 03:25 PM, said:

There were no gifts of any kind.

She performed Taking Chances after I'm Alive and it was AWESOME!  That song is amazing, but when you hear her sing it in person with the amazing sound system and the live band it's just unbelievable.  She sounded SO GOOD.  

After MHWGO she performed The Christmas Song, and it was FLAWLESS.  She sounded better than the cd version honest to god.  I don't even like that song but the live version last night was unbelievable.  

It was pretty much a standard show with the addition of the 2 songs, but before the show started the head of Caesars' (the big fat guy from the DVD bonus) came on stage and made a speech and then they showed the A New Day: Secrets from the DVD.  After that was done the glass shattered and the show began.  

The crowd went wild when Celine came on stage for the first time and everyone stood up and clapped while she started singing ANDHC, it was really touching.  

She made a REALLY long speech where she usually takes her first speech break after TLYM.  Mostly about her feelings about the show and it ending.  She babbled quite a bit honestly.  It was straight from the heart though.  

She was in amazing voice for the entire show, she sounded awesome.  Way better than the DVD if you ask me.  

Any suspicions of RDMH being lipped should be thrown out the window because last night for the first time during one of her lines she put her mic out for the audience to sing the line and there was no sound.  I think nobody was expecting it so nobody sang, but it kinda proved to me that she's actually singing the song; not like they stopped the track for a second randomly.  

There were lots of cameras there before the show interviewing people, as well as after the show they were following Celine, Rene, and RC off stage.  I'm sure that will air tonight on the TVA special.  

Rene, RC, and Celine's mom sat like 10 rows back in the middle and snuck in just after the DVD started to play, and the crowd went crazy for them!  After the show Celine called Rene and RC up on stage to give them both a rose.  It was really sweet seeing RC up there hugging his mom.  

Overall a really touching end of an era!  I will miss it so much.  I'm sure it didn't sink in for anyone there last night that it would never happen again.

A remarkable review!! Thanks a lot!! We're waiting for the TV special, this is the only way..
Posted Image
Posted Image

MY TOUR DATES
June 12th, 2008 - Berlin, Germany
June 28th, 2008 - Cracow, Poland

carys

carys

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 13,997
  • 102 posts
  • Local time: 01:03 PM
  • Born: 1986
It sounds magical - i'm so sad i couldn't be there to see it.

I found some photos online at http://justjared.buz...gas/#more-22749 if anyone wants to see them!

kathyc25

kathyc25

Music is life...live it

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 8,138
  • 3,874 posts
  • Born: 1981
Thank you for the reviews...So nice that she gave roses to RC and Rene
Music Is Life...Live It
You are the music while the music lasts.  ~T.S. Eliot
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

lyn

lyn

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,816
  • 931 posts
  • Born: 1987

I think nobody was expecting it so nobody sang,

LOL. Glad you had a good time at the concert!! ^_^
Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.
New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.

cokecbaby

cokecbaby

• Members
  • Pip
    • Member ID: 3,893
  • 20 posts
  • Local time: 04:03 AM
The final show was probably the best night of my entire life. My seat turned out to be the last seat on my row... Orch 4 EE which was about 4-5 rows directly in front of Rene, Rene Charles, her mom and the rest of her family. Criss Angel was also right there behind me AND David Foster was on the other end of my row! It was more than I could have ever asked for. Rene and Rene Charles walked right by us several times and the rose petals fell on us at the end. You better believe I was standing most of the concert... most people weren't standing the entire time so I guess maybe it was annoying to people behind us but the rows in front of me were standing so I had to too which was more than okay with me! I was the crazy girl in the gold dress dancing the entire show, crying hysterically, and I hung out down there for a long time after the show. I got as many rose petals as I could stuff in my pocket. 3 of the dancers came up to me and danced with me during Love Can Move Mountains which was awesome!!! I have seen the show many times but never this close... and I am not one of the lucky fans who have met Celine or her family members BUT I felt like this was my night to experience a little bit more and it was. I loved my dress and I felt like a princess up there. Since Celine's family was behind me, it felt like she was looking right at me the entire night. I laughed so hard when little Rene was picking up all the rose petals for his mommy! I don't know if everyone there could see but Celine, Rene Charles and Rene stood over to the right hand side off stage after the last time they left the stage... for quite a long time watching the dancers hug and cry at the back of the stage. She didn't want to leave and it was amazing to get to watch all of this so close up. I hope you guys that were there all had as amazing of an experience that night as me. She sang the show better than I had ever seen and I couldn't have asked for more. It was perfection. Would we expect anything less though!?! haha There is definately a reason Celine has this kind of following!

One regret was that I didn't try to sneak my camera in... people were taking pictures after the show and the security didn't seem to care. I would have waited until after the show was over to take pictures out of respect but I would have liked to have pictures of the rose petals and everything... if anyone has any, can you let me know?!
"Things turn out best for those who make the best out of the way things turn out." -John Wooden

djs31982

djs31982

What do you say to taking chances?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 13,629
  • 321 posts
I was in Orch 2, and it was indeed amazing. She also talked about when she got home Friday night, RC had made her a huge congratulations and Merry Christmas card. He had also tied a string around her wrist which she kept on for the entire show.

The vibe was good where I was...most people gave her a standing O after every song...she sounded flawless. I cried way more than I thought I would...especially when everyone was standing during A New Day Has come and giving her huge applause.

The speech was very long that she gave and you could tell she was emotional.

The rose pedals were amazing too...I have a few of those I took back with me. I snapped a cell phone pic of them at the very end. Here it is...hope you all enjoy.

Btw, the pic is small, I will work on getting the enlarged version, but its Celine and her crew...as u can see the entire front of the stage is covered in red rose pedals.

Attached Files

All of the promises broken..
And all of the songs left unsung...
Seem so far away as I make my way back to you.
You gave me faith and you gave me a world to believe in

caroline_reynolds

caroline_reynolds

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 11,005
  • 302 posts
Here you can watch a good part of the press conference she gave after the show:

http://lcn.canoe.ca/...216_celine1.wmv

She's never been that cheezy before lol but she was obviously moved and tired. She looks awesome.

keny

keny

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,585
  • 342 posts
  • Born: 1955

View Postcokecbaby, on Dec 16 2007, 09:41 PM, said:

I was standing most of the concert... most people weren't standing the entire time so I guess maybe it was annoying to people behind us but the rows in front of me were standing so I had to too which was more than okay with me!

Since you brought it up.

IT WAS ANNOYING TO THE FAMILY  :doh:

FYI:EVERYONE in the front 4 or 5 rows totally blocked the views of Rene, Rene Charles, and Mama every time they stood up.  :doh: And in some cases, the only rows standing in the theater. They saw almost none of River Deep. They sat 4 rows down from me and I could see them talking to one another while people were standing. Who knows what they were saying but hey, I know what I was saying. But maybe they are more gracious than I would be. Sure Rene has seen this many times but not Rene Charles or mama, especially the "LAST" show.  :nono: I wish you guys could have been more aware of who was sitting behind you, and not obstructed the views of the entire family. The family had the entire row you know.

Anyway, thought you might want to know.   :hmm:

Other than that the show was perfect Celine sang like she would never sing again. :thumbsup2:

keny

keny

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,585
  • 342 posts
  • Born: 1955

View Postracey3229, on Dec 16 2007, 04:33 PM, said:

no tears from celine though,the dancers remained on stage at the end and were very emotional,hugging and kissing etc,and throwing rose petals at each other.
we never got any gifts or keep sakes which was kinda dissapointing  :nono:
the show started with a 15 minute long video clip on the screen of how a new day began etc,and how it had progressed etc.
apart from that it was pretty much as normal,same songs etc.

Maybe from up there it seemed normal, but not from the orchestra. Far from it.

Celine's eyes welled up with tears many times, especially after MHWGO when she had to cover her face. Also The dancers came back on stage and threw the rose petals out to the audience. That was fantastic. The dancers would not leave the stage. very different from the normal show.

No songs were playback. All very live and sung differently in subtle ways from other shows. :thumbsup2:

Edited by keny, 16 December 2007 - 10:38 PM.

Lawna

Lawna

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 70
  • 1,785 posts
  • Local time: 05:03 AM
  • Born: 1985
So, do we have any pictures of fans together yet?

They go crazy for you because they know you're true. --Celine Dion
Posted Image

Follow Me on Twitter!
Visit Me on Facebook!

dionfan07

dionfan07

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,786
  • 118 posts
  • Born: 1988
omg all the reveiews sound amazing! i wish i could have been there, but i was fortunate enough to be there for the 14th. that was celines best show out of the 5 AND shows ive seen. im happy they all had a great ending. im sad i wasnt there but i imagine it was more that amazing. bravo to 5 years!

LVCeline

LVCeline

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 295
  • 1,275 posts
Don't want to debate about the playback issue but all the usual songs were playback, without any doubt whatsoever.  They all sounded exactly the same as they always do.  I'm even starting to think the high part in Seduces Me is playback because it sounds the same each time I hear it lately.  It doesn't matter though because it doesn't take away from the show at all, it's still such an amazing experience to see it in person rather than on tv or a dvd.

cokecbaby

cokecbaby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Well I never stood unless the people in front of me did because then I would not have been able to see. People stood more this show than pretty much any other I have seen over the past 5 years. I think there was only a couple songs when our rows stood and no one else did... and I had no intention of missing them because the rows in front of me were standing. I guess the ushers could have asked us to sit but the family was many rows behind us so it wasn't like we were directly in front of us. I did think of that while we were standing but I wasn't going to sit and not see anything.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best out of the way things turn out." -John Wooden

piglot82

piglot82

Rene's Luvaaaa!!!

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 376
  • 1,665 posts
Here are a few pictures we took inside the colosseum after the show...

Attached File  IMG_1171.JPG   44.66K   8 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1177.JPG   54.67K   28 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1178.JPG   54.42K   16 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1186.JPG   56.34K   31 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1187.JPG   55.65K   21 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1192.JPG   51.01K   10 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1197.JPG   71.14K   31 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1199.JPG   45.26K   5 downloads
Posted Image

Shesings2me

Shesings2me

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 14,985
  • 1,075 posts
  • Born: 1967
You have all made me cry so much, but I thank you for it! And Keny, try not to blame the fans for their excitement and emotions getting the best of them. It's really too bad that they didn't put all of Celine's family in the 1st row and it would not have been such a problem.

Thanks again for all your wonderful descriptions of your personal night with Celine and her families (biological & AND). I appreciate the sharing & caring for our dear, sweet Celine!

Posted Image

cokecbaby

cokecbaby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

FYI:EVERYONE in the front 4 or 5 rows totally blocked the views of Rene, Rene Charles, and Mama every time they stood up.  :doh: And in some cases, the only rows standing in the theater.

That is untrue because I was in row 5 and all of the rows in front of rows 4 and 5 were standing every time we did... thus the reason we were standing. My guess is you weren't close enough to see what was actually going on. That is pretty unkind to make it seem like rows 4 and 5 were the only ones standing.

Jennifer

Jennifer

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,649
  • 757 posts
I hate the drama that goes on in this forum sometimes, but I just had to add my opinion on the issue of standing. I was in front Orch 4 - 6th row. I would have sat down if everyone in front of me was sitting. I actually sat during "I'm Alive," but I couldn't see ANYTHING.  I wasn't about to miss the other fast songs, so I stood and made the best of it.  If anyone behind me wanted to see that badly, they could have got into the spirit and stood as well.

Also, all the songs that are usually playback were still playback... no difference.

Edited by Jennifer, 17 December 2007 - 01:57 AM.

Posted Image

cokecbaby

cokecbaby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Thank you Jennifer.

Jennifer

Jennifer

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,649
  • 757 posts

View Postcokecbaby, on Dec 16 2007, 09:41 PM, said:

The final show was probably the best night of my entire life. My seat turned out to be the last seat on my row... Orch 4 EE which was about 4-5 rows directly in front of Rene, Rene Charles, her mom and the rest of her family.

Okay, I think I know who you are, haha.  I was in Orch 4 row FF near that area. :)

Posted Image

nystrele

nystrele

Celine Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,553
  • 173 posts
  • Born: 1962
greetings!

what an amazing evening! it was so great meeting a number of you before the show... i was fortunate enough to attend the press conference afterward and am attempting to attach a photo i took there -- which i think is just beautiful.

i also was lucky enough to go to the after party, which was hosted at PURE in caesars. to my great surprise, both celine and rene showed up to the party!!

now this evening (monday, dec. 17), i'm off to the movies to see it all again!

cheers-
=chuck=Attached File  IMG_6997_2.jpg   54.02K   78 downloads

Ted

Ted

Celinephile

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,356
  • 10,298 posts
  • Born: 1983

View Postnystrele, on Dec 17 2007, 02:46 PM, said:

greetings!

what an amazing evening! it was so great meeting a number of you before the show... i was fortunate enough to attend the press conference afterward and am attempting to attach a photo i took there -- which i think is just beautiful.

i also was lucky enough to go to the after party, which was hosted at PURE in caesars. to my great surprise, both celine and rene showed up to the party!!

now this evening (monday, dec. 17), i'm off to the movies to see it all again!

cheers-
=chuck=Attachment IMG_6997_2.jpg

It was amazing evening. I love the picture you took. :yes:
Posted Image

nystrele

nystrele

Celine Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,553
  • 173 posts
  • Born: 1962
i know these are similar to many of the photos that have been on the web, but here is another that i took at the press conference that i love... the beautiful flow of celine's dress...

i asked her a question at the press conference: "with the holidays coming and the tour beginning in mid-february, how does she intend to rehearse for and learn a new show." her response was something along the lines of: "well, i know the songs and i have other people designing the show," which i thought was pretty funny...

cheers!
=chuck=

Attached File  IMG_7003_2.jpg   152.2K   66 downloads

Edited by nystrele, 17 December 2007 - 04:21 PM.

Shesings2me

Shesings2me

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 14,985
  • 1,075 posts
  • Born: 1967
Chuck honey...you've got it bad for Celine like the rest of us and how lucky you are to get so close to her every once and awhile. Next time, please take along an assitant and I'll be there in an instant. Do you think you could have hugged her any harder or closer?? Ok, so I'm a little jealous, ya!? :drool:  Rene better keep a good on on you, sir, LOL!! :laughing:

Keep up the good work, continue to enjoy everything Celine, and have a wonderful Christmas & very happy New Year! :holiday:

Posted Image

celinevegas

celinevegas

Taking Chances Tour..OFF..

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,953
  • 3,207 posts
  • Born: 1983
Nystrele,the pictures are beautiful.. thanks you are lucky.. :flowers:

"2008 to 2009 TAKING CHANCES TOUR..SIMPLY ANOTHER DREAMS REALIZED!.."
" 2003 à 2007 OF BEAUTIFUL LIVED MOMENTS..LAS VEGAS ."

24 and 25 May 2008 Bercy Paris France
5 July 2008 Nice France
16,20 ,25,31 August 2008Montréal CANADA
22 August 2008 Quebec CANADA
01 September 2008 Montréal CANADA
10 and 12 September 2008 Newark USA
9 November Indianapolis USA (Reporter au 21 Decembre 2008)
10 Fébuary 2009 Québec CANADA
15  Fébuary 2009 Montréal CANADA

Posted Image                                                                                                                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 29 user(s)

Jef, Lestat5485, celinedion87, tessika, Katie, iza, pame-65, Bartholdemus, pat200, selsdion, biscuit2, Lolo88, HushNow, hugo020, Rea, celinesounds, Celine Fan 77, isabel leite, Edgar14, pepillo90, duri, giannislyber, Dertz1, Sazeliza, Ncarbia, sfbaysinger, celinish98, chocolatechip15, celinemusicfanatic97

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy