Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Did you know Karine Hannah performed on Celine's wedding and wrote a song for it?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Bellamy

Bellamy

PDP rocks

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2
  • 26,490 posts
  • Local time: 10:08 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1979
Did you know Karine Hannah performed on Celine's wedding and wrote a song for it? Do you know what are the songs or any more info about it?

Karine was born in Montreal, Canada. In her teens, she was inspired by Gladys Knight, Jennifer Holiday, Tom Jones, Patti LaBelle, and Barbara Streisand, along with many other great singers and writers. Karine began performing in professional musical reviews and on local television shows achieving for herself local critical acclaim. After one of her TV appearances, she was asked by Celine Dion to perform at her wedding. Karine also performed the opening song at Ms. Dion's wedding and wrote a special song for the wedding. After moving to New York, Karine began writing songs and performing across America and Canada. Because of her unique and powerful vocal delivery, she has been sought out by and worked with many accomplished songwriters and producers, such as, multi-Grammy Award Winning Jim Steinman, multi-Grammy Award Winning Diane Warren and others. Currently, Karine is putting the final touches on a pop album that was co-written and co-produced by Turkish superstar, Sezen Aksu. "There is nothing more rewarding than to sing for people who really appreciate raw emotion". UPDATE: Karine's new album "I'll Be Alright" will be released on July 30th. Go to www.breakingrecordsmusic.com for more info. Also, you can hear another track from the upcoming album called "Drink" on the Breaking Records myspace page. Karine has another No.1 on The World Charts in The United Kingdom; she also has a song listed as No. 3 on the World Charts and it is climbing! You may visit and listen to these two songs and more at www.extraplay.com/karinehannah.
http://myspace.com/karinehannah2

Breaking Records Artist - Karine Hannah - Prepares to Release her Debut CD "I’ll Be Alright" on July 31st

New York City based label Breaking Records will release Karine Hannah’s debut cd “I’ll Be Alright” on July 31, 2007. Hannah collaborated with producers Eve Nelson (Hayley Westenra, Laura Branigan, Chaka Kahn) and Ayhan Sahin (Sandra Bernhard, Beu Sisters, Vonzell Solomon) on an album of English-language covers originally recorded by Turkey’s most-acclaimed female singer/songwriter Sezen Aksu.

New York, NY, July 24, 2007 --(PR.com)-- Karine Hannah was born in Montreal, and began singing at age 4. In her teens she started performing in professional musical reviews and on local television shows, achieving critical acclaim across Canada.

With her powerful, passionate vocal delivery, Grammy-winning producer Jim Steinman (Barbra Streisand, Bonnie Tyler) heard a demo of Hannah singing and called her “the best singer I have heard since Celine Dion.” Apparently, the world’s best-selling singer agreed: After seeing Hannah perform on TV, Dion asked her to perform live at her wedding.

Hannah has also recorded for the likes of such A-list producers as David Foster (Whitney Houston, Josh Groban, Faith Hill, Madonna), Diane Warren (Toni Braxton, LeAnn Rimes, Cher), and Larry Dvoskin (Meredith Brooks, Sammy Hagar, Ricky Martin).

After moving to New York earlier this decade, Karine began writing songs and performing across the broader reach of North America. Recorded in New York, “I’ll Be Alright” recasts some of Turkey’s most memorable songs with English lyrics and contemporary arrangements, conceived, arranged and produced by Nelson and Sahin. Standouts on Hannah’s album include “I’ll Be Alright” inspired by the Vanity Fair article on Jennifer Anniston after the split, “Drink” sure to be a juke box favorite, “Crash & Burn” about where the planet is going if we don’t wake up, and the beautiful “Someday”. This new project promises to launch Hannah as one of the next great global singers of the decade.

Hannah says of the project, “There is nothing more rewarding than to sing for people who really appreciate the lyrics of a song. Reinterpreting these famous melodies and bringing new energy to them has been one of the most rewarding gifts that a singer could possibly be offered. I hope that listeners will feel my soul through these songs, and that I might reach, inspire and encourage fans through this unique album.”

Chuck Taylor, Billboard Senior Editor, recently wrote of Hannah, “This gifted singer is that rare performer whose technical gifts are only surpassed by the emotional depth she brings to every note she sings. Her effortless, soaring vocal style breathes feeling and light into any style of music she approaches."

Other Breaking Records releases include “Lourds” by Lourds, Sandra Bernhards “Everything Bad & Beautiful” and the compilation “Breaking for The Holidays”, which features Karine Hannah, Chaka Khan, Ben Jelen & Vonzell Solomon.

Available on itunes and www.breakingrecordsmusic.com

For more information, see: http://www.breakingrecordsmusic.com or http://myspace.com/karinehannah2
http://www.pr.com/press-release/46262

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link
Click here. Thank you!

Legende

Legende

Celine Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,744
  • 3,322 posts
  • Local time: 04:08 AM
I don't know her. Who is she?

Posted Image

Bellamy

Bellamy

PDP rocks

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2
  • 26,490 posts
  • Born: 1979

View Postlegendecelinedion, on Jul 27 2007, 01:58 AM, said:

I don't know her. Who is she?
A new singer have her debut album recently. Seems Celine knew her before.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link
Click here. Thank you!

sayyed

sayyed

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,723
  • 1,641 posts
  • Local time: 05:08 AM
  • Born: 1986
Karine performed Is Nothing Sacred in the past!
Céline Remixes /// My Soundcloud Channel

celinefanonline

celinefanonline

Celine Fan Online

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 129
  • 5,731 posts
  • Local time: 12:08 PM
  • Born: 1984
and u know she's born in Montreal too!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mozinha

Mozinha

That's just the teacher in me baby...

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 28
  • 6,347 posts
  • Born: 1983
I never heard of her before.
Posted Image

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

maxceline

maxceline

"Celine"

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 46
  • 7,862 posts
  • Born: 1984
never heard :P §LoL

[size=2]
[color="#483D8B"][font="Impact"]-11th/12th November 2004 Las Vegas Caesar's Palace!! First ROW!!
-6th May 2008 London O2 Arena,
-19th & 20th May 2008 Paris Bercy
-2nd June 2008 Amsterdam Arena
-14th June 2008 Frankfurt Commerzbank
-3rd July 2008 Milan Datch Forum
-5th July 2008 Nice Stade Nikaia

Dansons

Dansons

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 998
  • 269 posts
  • Born: 1981
I don't know her.I try to find messages about her after the news.
some of her songs are great.
ex:"fear of falling " and "Believe in You"
http://karinehannah.jukeboxalive.com/
Here you can hear the song"It's only your love"she sang in Celine's wedding. :msn-tongue:

Edited by Dansons, 26 July 2007 - 05:45 PM.

A New Day Has Come

A New Day Has Come

Celine Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 10,731
  • 3,385 posts
  • Local time: 06:08 PM
  • Born: 1989
I never heard of her before and it's a great song indeed I bet Celine and Rene loved that song a lot. :)

newyorksnl15

newyorksnl15

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 7,132
  • 340 posts
  • Local time: 07:08 PM
  • Born: 1990
never heard of her before

JP

JP

On s'est aimé a cause

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 52
  • 3,551 posts
  • Local time: 10:08 PM
Wow that's weird, she's born in Montreal and sing at the wedding of Celine and never heard about her!
I don't really love the songs she have on MySpace but she have a nice voice :)
Posted Image

Teodora

Teodora

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,612
  • 3,883 posts
  • Born: 1980
I think they're talking about their second wedding in Vegas. I don't think this Karine was old enough to perform at the real wedding in 1994... The song is nice, she's got a nice voice.

thevoice

thevoice

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,141
  • 2,927 posts
never heard of her

Ann

Ann

I know what love is

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,541
  • 3,448 posts
  • Local time: 09:08 PM
  • Born: 1990
never heard of her before
the song "it's only your love" is so great
i think if celine sing it, it will be more greater

Esty

Esty

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,329
  • 1,559 posts
Never heard of her. Thanks for the info!

Macaronie

Macaronie

My Life Got Cold

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 100
  • 3,080 posts
  • Local time: 02:08 AM
  • Born: 1985
She's good.

Posted Image

Macaronie

Macaronie

My Life Got Cold

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 100
  • 3,080 posts
  • Local time: 02:08 AM
but she's nothing like celine, more like delta or smtg

Posted Image

Bell

Bell

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 10,358
  • 3,801 posts
  • Local time: 05:08 AM
  • Skin: Parler a mon pere
  • Born: 1987
Oh, I didn`t know it. Is this Karine good?
12 years a forum member

lauracd

lauracd

Celine Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,087
  • 3,343 posts
  • Local time: 09:08 PM
I didn't know it! Thanks for the news!
But who is she?

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 6,001 posts
  • Born: 1982
https://www.callmead...8pl8g8ztkk3tg7b

"Before we discuss your upcoming return engagement at Feinstein's/54 Below, we have to talk about being discovered by the greatest singer in the world - Celine Dion! At the age of 16, you caught Celine's eye while you were performing on a Canadian Television show. What was the moment like when you get a call that Celine Dion wants to meet you? What was it like to perform at her wedding? Do you still keep in touch with her?

Who would ever think that Celine Dion would be watching TV and noticing me. I was on a local Montreal TV show called STAR FOR THE DAY and she saw me, contacted my manager (how she found him was a miracle too) and asked that I perform at her wedding. I met her for the first time the night of her wedding and I think I handled it pretty well. I thought I made it LOL.

The best memory was at the end of the night, Celine and I sat on the floor at the reception hall, she was still in her custom made wedding dress and me in my knock off Valentino gown that I had made for the occasion, she was explaining to me that the head piece she was wearing was all jewels and weighed over 50 pounds. It was bothering her and she couldn’t wait to remove it. It was stuck to her hair. I don't remember anything else we talked about except that she loved my name, especially because she had a niece whose name was Karine but was sick with cystic fibrosis. I sang her opening dance that she requested which was “THE FIRST TIME EVER I SAW YOUR FACE” and later in the evening I sang a duet and was accompanied on piano by David Foster. Boy, did I think I made it…We didn’t keep in touch, but periodically people in the industry that I was working with would see her and she would bring up my name. Celine also thought of me one time when she decided to pass on a song that was submitted to her and thought I should record it. I did record it but there was a reason she passed on it…"

Edited by scielle, 18 January 2019 - 02:28 PM.

CelinesDIVO5

CelinesDIVO5

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 4,616
  • 6,394 posts

View Postscielle, on 18 January 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

https://www.callmead...8pl8g8ztkk3tg7b

"Before we discuss your upcoming return engagement at Feinstein's/54 Below, we have to talk about being discovered by the greatest singer in the world - Celine Dion! At the age of 16, you caught Celine's eye while you were performing on a Canadian Television show. What was the moment like when you get a call that Celine Dion wants to meet you? What was it like to perform at her wedding? Do you still keep in touch with her?

Who would ever think that Celine Dion would be watching TV and noticing me. I was on a local Montreal TV show called STAR FOR THE DAY and she saw me, contacted my manager (how she found him was a miracle too) and asked that I perform at her wedding. I met her for the first time the night of her wedding and I think I handled it pretty well. I thought I made it LOL.

The best memory was at the end of the night, Celine and I sat on the floor at the reception hall, she was still in her custom made wedding dress and me in my knock off Valentino gown that I had made for the occasion, she was explaining to me that the head piece she was wearing was all jewels and weighed over 50 pounds. It was bothering her and she couldn’t wait to remove it. It was stuck to her hair. I don't remember anything else we talked about except that she loved my name, especially because she had a niece whose name was Karine but was sick with cystic fibrosis. I sang her opening dance that she requested which was “THE FIRST TIME EVER I SAW YOUR FACE” and later in the evening I sang a duet and was accompanied on piano by David Foster. Boy, did I think I made it…We didn’t keep in touch, but periodically people in the industry that I was working with would see her and she would bring up my name. Celine also thought of me one time when she decided to pass on a song that was submitted to her and thought I should record it. I did record it but there was a reason she passed on it…"

I wonder what song and why she passed on it?! Come on, Karine! Tell us!!

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 42 user(s)

Bruno Dion, GameC, ordinary fan, Bell, empress, scielle, giannislyber, jwawesomepanda, Celinex, Davey84, mebe, Peppercorn1991, MTJ, HushNow, aniaa19, Katie, comingback, danger, Daysleeper, Celine Fan 77, Fanxiaoqiang, karalayna, delta, Angel2006, nowanorris, ryba, LeChauffeur100, pat200, Loup_garou, CelineDionForeverNY, DionFanAlways, Joe, Critiaslux, Holborn, Nmj, nuts2you, Lotty, Alex_Incognito, québecflower, celfan123, dawn, isabel leite

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy