Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Go To Vegas Jan 17-21 2007Let's Go!

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

Scully Dion

Scully Dion

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,374
  • 689 posts
  • Local time: 12:49 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1979

LVPantsGirl, on Sep 20 2006, 08:04 AM, said:

I was thinking more along the lines of seeing if I could find out where Celine filmed the little promo commmercial for Belong in those gorgeous dresses.

Also, to be frank, I think it is a little invasive to have a group of fans our size so near Celine's home. :msn-wink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right, I still like the idea of the picnic though... hmmmm or otherwise if we could invade a small restaurant/cafe somewhere and force them to play Celine music - that would be a laugh!

Lawna

Lawna

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 70
  • 1,785 posts
  • Local time: 05:49 AM
  • Born: 1985

Scully Dion, on Sep 20 2006, 06:44 AM, said:

LVPantsGirl, on Sep 20 2006, 08:04 AM, said:

I was thinking more along the lines of seeing if I could find out where Celine filmed the little promo commmercial for Belong in those gorgeous dresses.

Also, to be frank, I think it is a little invasive to have a group of fans our size so near Celine's home. :msn-wink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right, I still like the idea of the picnic though... hmmmm or otherwise if we could invade a small restaurant/cafe somewhere and force them to play Celine music - that would be a laugh!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha :lmao:  Great idea!! I think if any place would be willing to place Celine music througout the time we spend there, let's go for it! :whistling:

They go crazy for you because they know you're true. --Celine Dion
Posted Image

Follow Me on Twitter!
Visit Me on Facebook!

LVPantsGirl

LVPantsGirl

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 399
  • 330 posts
A restaraunt that can play Celine is a great idea, too.

In fact, while the Dutchies and I were there in April, the piano player was playing a bunch of Celine tunes for us.  I guess someone had told him we were big fans and had been cancelled on.  So, it was way much fun.  We had a good time with it (when we were not too sad).

ANYWAY

What you're going to be looking at with a restaraunt is that we're going to have a big group so there will probably be an extra cost.  If we have only 40 that come we might be alright but I'd say more than 50 of us and we're looking at having some pretty hefty costs.  I will do some calling around for us.

Did anyone have any specific ideas of where exactly they'd like to hold this meeting if it were at a restaraunt?

If it gets to be too costly, another thing that we might be able to consider is that we could book a small space at Caesars ahead of time-- pre-pay for the space, which includes catering and the whole shebang.

I don't know how much the restaraunt would end up being... but I do know that to do the ballroom and catering thing at Caesars would be about $110 per person for a night-time reception.  

I mention that only because  I am not sure of restaraunt costs should we have big numbers.  I'm just throwing options on out there. :)  I know $110 for a dinner is costly but who knows-- maybe that's what we'd be dealing with at a restaraunt with large numbers.

SO there are three options so far:

1.  Picnic.
2.  Restaraunt.
3.  Reception.

:thumbsup2:

Edited by LVPantsGirl, 21 September 2006 - 12:56 AM.

Love,

Love,

Il mio cuore è per voi

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 9,144
  • 4,759 posts
  • Local time: 02:49 PM

Some thoughts... :)

For the Pre-Show Rendevous:
What time will it be? 6:00PM? 6:30PM? 7:00PM?

Attached File  augustus_cafe3_300x225.jpg   23.36K   2 downloads
I'm thinking that maybe we could utilize the Augustus Café:
http://www.harrahs.c...afe-detail.html
The picture makes it look pleasant and simple. I've never actually been to this cafe.

But then, many of us will be so dressed up, we might want a more chic place... like 808 ( :w00t: ) or Mesa Grill ( :w00t: ) or Bradley Ogden ( :w00t: ) :lmao: ... but I don't know how much costs will skyrocket based on our attendance.

I'm sure many of us are probably so excited, we probably would not be able to eat anything more than appetizers.  :lmao:

For the Picnic:
I looked at Google's Satellite map, and did not find any parks near nor nearby the Strip. I did, however, find some golf courses. And such as this HUGE one behind The Wynn:
Attached File  lv232.jpg   224.93K   10 downloads

On the very southern part of The Strip is the Bali Hai Golf Course:
Attached File  3382.jpeg   15.75K   0 downloads
http://www.visitlasv...?companyId=3382

There is a possibility that we could also rent a gazebo or a club house at The Golf Course for our "picnic" or, if you wanna call it, daytime social? :)

I think we should keep the costs down as much as possible and make everything financially accessible for everybody. I mean, people are spending a ton of money already on tickets to see Celine + plane tickets + hotel +  lunch/dinner/snacks. The private reception idea is very special and nice, but I can't speak for everybody, and I feel we should make all rendevous accessible for all the official attendees.

Scully Dion

Scully Dion

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
Hmmm... a private function sounds great because then we could be sure we get exactly what we want, music-wise and atmosphere-wise, but obviously the costs are a little on the high side...

I really like the idea and the look of Augustus cafe, they of all the places to choose from in Vegas should be more accommodating to the Celine aficianado...  :wink2: So if Marissa or someone local wouldn't mind doing some phoning around to see what the damage would be to have that place Celineified that would be great. :-)

Otherwise may I suggest Flamingos? Its directly across the road and their prices are lower. The only thing is, I'm not too sure if they'd let us have music in their cafe. They do have some function rooms, but again, I have no idea what the costs would be.

Golf clubs I think we can more or less forget sadly... even though I like golf! If you want to play a round of golf at the Wynn it would set you back a cool $500  :eek_drop: so I can only imagine how much a cup of coffee might be!

Have we any ideas how many  people we've got going so far?

Edited by Scully Dion, 21 September 2006 - 12:39 PM.

www.celinelasvegas.com
Celine Dion and Las Vegas Travel Guide - follow me on twitter @celinelasvegas

Love,

Love,

Il mio cuore è per voi

• Channel Addicts
  • 4,759 posts

Scully Dion, on Sep 21 2006, 10:28 AM, said:

Hmmm... a private function sounds great because then we could be sure we get exactly what we want, music-wise and atmosphere-wise, but obviously the costs are a little on the high side...

I really like the idea and the look of Augustus cafe, they of all the places to choose from in Vegas should be more accommodating to the Celine aficianado...  :wink2: So if Marissa or someone local wouldn't mind doing some phoning around to see what the damage would be to have that place Celineified that would be great. :-)

Otherwise may I suggest Flamingos? Its directly across the road and their prices are lower. The only thing is, I'm not too sure if they'd let us have music in their cafe. They do have some function rooms, but again, I have no idea what the costs would be.

Golf clubs I think we can more or less forget sadly... even though I like golf! If you want to play a round of golf at the Wynn it would set you back a cool $500  :eek_drop: so I can only imagine how much a cup of coffee might be!

Have we any ideas how many  people we've got going so far?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We're talking about two different functions here. I hope everyone is understanding that we're hoping for a pre-rendevous on Saturday night and a picnic or banquet on Sunday.

I've been to the Flamingo. I just feel that the restaurants there were not very appetizing and not appealing.

As for me, I don't really care if we have Celine's music playing overhead or not. (It would be nice  :w00t: ) However, It's just the company of each other that's good enough! :) Yes, the Augustus Cafe is the most affordable Caesar's operated restaurant in Caesar's Palace.

And golf and country clubs are not just for golf alone. I suggested that because there are ABSOLUTELY no parks near The Strip, and we don't want to pay an arm and a leg for transportation. Plus, Lake Las Vegas IS a community with many golf and country clubs. We're not going there to play golf. We're going there to have picnic on the green, or in their club houses, as I said previously. But then, maybe we aren't allowed to rent a small portion of the course, unless we do play golf (which like you said, is an extravagant price). Then, we also might risk getting hit by 80mph golf balls!!!

Edited by Love,, 21 September 2006 - 12:51 PM.

Love,

Love,

Il mio cuore è per voi

• Channel Addicts
  • 4,759 posts
My Park Findings Report based on Yahoo! map LOL:
http://maps.yahoo.co...ew=1&name=&qty=

There are several parks in Las Vegas. I believe these are free, public parks.

The closest park for us is probably:
South Meadows Park - across the street, west of Stratosphere Hotel
IT'S SO CLOSE, we can WALK to our picnic!  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

To the east / NE of Caesar's... in distance from near to far:
Baker Park
Jaycee Park
Winchester Park
Rivera Park
Joe Shoong Park
etc. etc.

To the west / NW of Caesar's... in distance from near to far:
Bob Baskin Park
Charleston Lion Park
Rotary Park
Cashman School Park
-------- gray indicates that it might be too far...

Potasi Park
Davis Park
Rainbow Family Park
Properity Park
West Flamingo Park
Desert Breeze Park
etc. etc.

And here's also a great resource link with addresses to these parks:
http://www.intermind.net/im/parks.html

Edited by Love,, 21 September 2006 - 01:33 PM.

CSCfan

CSCfan

Talk to me, talk to me.... like lovers do..

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 427
  • 10,831 posts
Neeeear..faaaaar....

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

Love,

Love,

Il mio cuore è per voi

• Channel Addicts
  • 4,759 posts

CSCfan, on Sep 21 2006, 11:29 AM, said:

Neeeear..faaaaar....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wheeeeereeeeverrrrr you arrrrrrrreeeee.....

LVPantsGirl

LVPantsGirl

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Hey guys!  It is great that you are all dong research!  Good job!

Sofa, I wasn't aware that we were looking at two separate events.  I thought we were looking at ONE before the show on Saturday.  Of course we could have one afterwards but I wasn't aware that is what everyone had decided on.  Had we?

Otherwise, we have 37 people ON THE LIST that WILL be in Vegas during the shoot of the DVD.  36 of the 37 will be there on SATURDAY specifically...and we're about to add another so we're at 38 so far that will DEFINITELY be there.  That is counting a couple of guests that people have said that they are bringing, I believe.  I'll have to look at my records when I get home tonight.

Regarding the Augustus Cafe at Caesars it is actually a pretty small place and might be a good place to consider if we're looking at a group like we have at the moment.  As for costs and the maximum number of people allowed to be in that one particular space, I can, like I said, do some research.

Another place that is nice is the CAFE LAGO at Caesars.  It looks out towards the pool and has a great buffet.  It's not the cheapest but it is also not super expensive, the service is GREAT and what is really nice is that it is where the Dutchies and I were the night that the pianist was playing the Celine songs for our group of 12.  It would be really classy (but not overly) It is a big place so a group the size we have right now would be well with that, I think.

BUT LET'S NOT FORGET:  We are siming to get 250 people so that we can have a definite effect on the entire audience of the show that evening.  Let's put our thoughts to it.  Is there anyone that you can let know about it that may not already be aware of what we're trying to do?  Is there a yahoo group that you're a part of that might be interested in knowing and attending this sort of thing?  Anyone on TeamCeline?  Get the word out there!  It'll be fun.  And if you know someone is going to go and would like to be a part of the rendez-vous and will be at the show ANY of the nights, have them e-mail me with their name and their affiliated website.

So far I have the list with the nick name, and then the forum or board I can find them at most easily.  IE:  "Scully Dion......... (Channel)."

Marisa@icdfc.com

I'll get doing some research in regards to costs.

GOOD JOB you guys!   Keep it up!

Edited by LVPantsGirl, 21 September 2006 - 02:54 PM.

Love,

Love,

Il mio cuore è per voi

• Channel Addicts
  • 4,759 posts

LVPantsGirl, on Sep 21 2006, 12:52 PM, said:

Hey guys!  It is great that you are all dong research!  Good job!

Sofa, I wasn't aware that we were looking at two separate events.  I thought we were looking at ONE before the show on Saturday.  Of course we could have one afterwards but I wasn't aware that is what everyone had decided on.  Had we?

Otherwise, we have 37 people ON THE LIST that WILL be in Vegas during the shoot of the DVD.  36 of the 37 will be there on SATURDAY specifically...and we're about to add another so we're at 38 so far that will DEFINITELY be there.  That is counting a couple of guests that people have said that they are bringing, I believe.  I'll have to look at my records when I get home tonight.

Regarding the Augustus Cafe at Caesars it is actually a pretty small place and might be a good place to consider if we're looking at a group like we have at the moment.  As for costs and the maximum number of people allowed to be in that one particular space, I can, like I said, do some research.

Another place that is nice is the CAFE LAGO at Caesars.  It looks out towards the pool and has a great buffet.  It's not the cheapest but it is also not super expensive, the service is GREAT and what is really nice is that it is where the Dutchies and I were the night that the pianist was playing the Celine songs for our group of 12.  It would be really classy (but not overly) It is a big place so a group the size we have right now would be well with that, I think.

BUT LET'S NOT FORGET:  We are siming to get 250 people so that we can have a definite effect on the entire audience of the show that evening.  Let's put our thoughts to it.  Is there anyone that you can let know about it that may not already be aware of what we're trying to do?  Is there a yahoo group that you're a part of that might be interested in knowing and attending this sort of thing?  Anyone on TeamCeline?  Get the word out there!  It'll be fun.  And if you know someone is going to go and would like to be a part of the rendez-vous and will be at the show ANY of the nights, have them e-mail me with their name and their affiliated website.

So far I have the list with the nick name, and then the forum or board I can find them at most easily.  IE:  "Scully Dion......... (Channel)."

Marisa@icdfc.com

I'll get doing some research in regards to costs.

GOOD JOB you guys!   Keep it up!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, Marisa!

I know we've been talking about one rendevous, but this whole time I've been pushing for two different rendevous!!!  :lmao:  :lmao:

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

You know, maybe we can be dressy and nice, and have a little, appetizing rendevous / dinner at Cafe Lago ($25.00) for Saturday night right before the show and then have a  "bring your own food" lunch / picnic on Sunday at South Meadow Park?

That Frank Sinatra grand piano in the Cafe Lago looks and sounds kinda appetizing to me  :P  :P  :P  :P  :wub:

YES! Let's encourage more people to come! THE MORE, the MERRIER! :)

Edited by Love,, 22 September 2006 - 12:35 AM.

WendyB

WendyB

Time is running out .....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,028
  • 1,764 posts
Would it be worth a few TC members updating their profiles on a daily basis to inform other members about your plans?  

I really wish I could be there, but I can't  :cry1:

LVPantsGirl

LVPantsGirl

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Hi Wendy!

It definitely would be!!!!  That would be great if you were willing to do that.  Any way we can "advertise" to people.  :)

Your signature photo is DARLING btw!  :)

WendyB

WendyB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

LVPantsGirl, on Sep 23 2006, 12:13 AM, said:

Hi Wendy!

It definitely would be!!!!  That would be great if you were willing to do that.  Any way we can "advertise" to people.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Consider it done (except I can't log onto TC at the moment - some kind of server error/problem)  :(   Hope it does the trick when I do get on there - and you get lots more people who can meet up with you guys  :P

PS Thanks for the comment about my sig - we were there in April this year  :clap:  :D

Edited by WendyB, 23 September 2006 - 08:15 AM.

CSCfan

CSCfan

• Channel Addicts
  • 10,831 posts

WendyB, on Sep 23 2006, 04:13 PM, said:

PS Thanks for the comment about my sig - we were there in April this year  :clap:  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You were very lucky you were able to see her back in April..:(

Edited by CSCfan, 23 September 2006 - 01:40 PM.

CSCfan

CSCfan

• Channel Addicts
  • 10,831 posts
Whoohoo!! News about the "gathering" @ the DVD-taping, made it on CD.com's FanNews!  B) Hopefully more guests will be joining us..

Scully Dion

Scully Dion

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
I know its still ages away but I just had an idea and even though its a bit naff, I thought I'd better write it down now before I forget.

How about we have some kind of badge/button that would identify us to another source members so we could spot each other more easily, for everyone who's going throughout the whole of the week?

LVPantsGirl

LVPantsGirl

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Yea, that is totally possible.  But it shouldn't be a "cc" or "celinechannel" or "convention" button.  It should be a general one.

We dont want any politics.  :)

Lawna

Lawna

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 70
  • 1,785 posts

LVPantsGirl, on Sep 24 2006, 12:00 PM, said:

Yea, that is totally possible.  But it shouldn't be a "cc" or "celinechannel" or "convention" button.  It should be a general one.

We dont want any politics.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about one with our Forum nicknames like : Alanna a.k.a Lawna

Edited by Lawna, 24 September 2006 - 08:41 PM.

They go crazy for you because they know you're true. --Celine Dion
Posted Image

Follow Me on Twitter!
Visit Me on Facebook!

Love,

Love,

Il mio cuore è per voi

• Channel Addicts
  • 4,759 posts
My input:
I feel a bit awkward about wearing a name badge or button walking around Vegas (especially in a group LOL). I'm very particular about what I wear. I have a gold nameplate engraved with my name that I wear once in a while, when I attend events and refuse to wear a sticker that says "Hello, My Name Is..." - But even the gold nameplate bothers me! It's funny because when many of us are walking together, and we have a

So, to be honest, NO....I would not wear one.

Edited by Love,, 24 September 2006 - 10:16 PM.

WendyB

WendyB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

CSCfan, on Sep 23 2006, 08:39 PM, said:

You were very lucky you were able to see her back in April..:(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're not kidding.  We were sooooooooooo very lucky - saw the show Céline's first night back after her illness.  When we arrived in Vegas the signs were still up saying the show had been cancelled.  She was so sweet though, nearly in tears saying how unhappy she was at having to cancel when she knew so many people had come a very long way just to see her.

Edited by WendyB, 25 September 2006 - 01:47 AM.

SarahJB5

SarahJB5

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 555
  • 1,182 posts
  • Local time: 08:49 AM
  • Born: 1983

WendyB, on Sep 25 2006, 02:46 AM, said:

You're not kidding.  We were sooooooooooo very lucky - saw the show Céline's first night back after her illness.  When we arrived in Vegas the signs were still up saying the show had been cancelled.  She was so sweet though, nearly in tears saying how unhappy she was at having to cancel when she knew so many people had come a very long way just to see her.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah Wendy!!! April seems like such a long time ago already. I am so happy that Celine was back on her feet when we were there. She did such a great job too...love the pic of you, Julie and Robin!

I'm a twin mommy just like Celine!
Sophia and Anthony arrived on December 28, 2010

Posted Image

WendyB

WendyB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

SarahJB5, on Sep 25 2006, 09:45 AM, said:

...love the pic of you, Julie and Robin!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you  :flowers:

Cheerfuljane

Cheerfuljane

Celine Worshipper

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,795
  • 5,685 posts
  • Local time: 07:49 AM

Love, on ,Sep 24 2006, 11:14 PM, said:

My input:
I feel a bit awkward about wearing a name badge or button walking around Vegas (especially in a group LOL). I'm very particular about what I wear.
So, to be honest, NO....I would not wear one

That`s cool !!
As long as you`re not worried about being surrounded by the rest of us maniacs sticking out like sore thumbs....

:bounce8:   :bounce8:  :bounce8:

LVPantsGirl

LVPantsGirl

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
I just wanted to let everyone know that we hit the 45 person mark today.  :0)

Also I got an e-mail back from my Caesars contact and I'll be giving her a call tomorrow when I get the chance and we'll exchange some ideas and I'll let you know what's looking the best for our situation in regard to the rendez-vous.  ;0)

WOO go fans!

Bellamy

Bellamy

PDP rocks

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2
  • 26,490 posts
  • Local time: 08:49 PM
How many fans are from here? I'm just curious.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link
Click here. Thank you!

Love,

Love,

Il mio cuore è per voi

• Channel Addicts
  • 4,759 posts

Cheerfuljane, on Sep 25 2006, 03:47 AM, said:

Love, on ,Sep 24 2006, 11:14 PM, said:

My input:
I feel a bit awkward about wearing a name badge or button walking around Vegas (especially in a group LOL). I'm very particular about what I wear.
So, to be honest, NO....I would not wear one

That`s cool !!
As long as you`re not worried about being surrounded by the rest of us maniacs sticking out like sore thumbs....

:bounce8:   :bounce8:  :bounce8:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOLLLLLL!  :lmao:
I think I'll be fine.... but honestly, I've never been around more than two Celine fans at one time before. I wonder how crazy 44+ will be.

We don't need to wear name badges or buttons, because I'm sure many of you will be wearing Celine Dion T-Shirts!  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  And when there's more than 1 person in a group wearing a big Celine face, people will get obviously tell that this is a group of Celine fanatics!  :lmao:

Regardless, I can't wait to partayyyy and dance! All of you better be ready to dance by January!!!!

Edited by Love,, 26 September 2006 - 01:50 AM.

Salla

Salla

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 889
  • 3,867 posts
Aw, I wish I could go!

Scully Dion

Scully Dion

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Love, on ,Sep 26 2006, 08:48 AM, said:

LOLLLLLL!  :lmao:
I think I'll be fine.... but honestly, I've never been around more than two Celine fans at one time before. I wonder how crazy 44+ will be.

I can't wait to partayyyy and dance! All of you better be ready to dance by January!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that! This is gonna be so much fun!! Nevermind Celine giving us a show to remember - we'll be giving her one too! hehehe

leenylover

leenylover

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 157
  • 432 posts
  • Local time: 01:49 PM
  • Born: 1975
You know, when I read that 44 were going I thought "what a shame, we're no where near the 250 we were hoping for" but then I thought 44 mad Celine Dion Fans!!!! This is going to be awesome!!! :clap:

I really can't wait guys!!! 15 hours of travelling to get there, but it'll be worth it! Every time I think about this, I get butterflies!  :kicking:  :clap:

Love Lisa
xxx

Edited by leenylover, 26 September 2006 - 11:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 5 user(s)

fabricio esteves, brendanm999, celinefan1991, takeachance, clbmed02

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy